Verizon update gear S3

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
so after a week. I'm getting better battery life. I turned off the always option on the heart rate sensor and turned off the cycling and rowing auto workout detect and battery life has improved to just about how it was before Tizen 3.01

dieselwind

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
so after a week. I'm getting better battery life. I turned off the always option on the heart rate sensor and turned off the cycling and rowing auto workout detect and battery life has improved to just about how it was before Tizen 3.01

I did a full factory reset and think I'm going to do the same - give it some time to see how it the battery life pans out. I think I'm getting back to the pre-3.0 battery life.

I've been on battery power for 1 day, 21 hours and I'm at 43%. It says I have 1 day, 2 hours remaining, so that is getting back close to the three days + I was used to.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My biggest thing is theat it doesn't charge to 100% anymore. It charges to around 94-96% and just says charging... but never goes beyond that. Still last all day, but it is kind of annoying.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Saga continues :) Performed thee total Factory resets per VZW techs and multiple check this setting and this setting. I am only able to run the watch in Bluetooth or StandAlone mode. Cannot Remotely Connect anymore. :(

VZW says sorry we have done all we can call Samsung.......
Samsung wants to know if there is any physical or water damage. I keep telling them that the watch worked perfect until the upgrade :)
Samsung wants me to send in the watch for "repair". No love no watch for who knows how long. UGH!!
Make sure your not on an unlocked device. Vzw had to add hd calling and wifi crap to get mine to work properly. As long as everything is right on their end it works. If one is off it quits working for some reason.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Mine is a 48% after 15hrs of use.

I have about the same life with mine after the upgrade. It is horrible. I am at like 48% left after 10 hours or so. Battery life is much worse. I would try a factory reset but I am wondering if it would make things worse. I am at Tizen version 3.0.0.1.

dieselwind

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
So to recap and update:

I installed 3.0.0.1 and did a factory reset. I have been logging my battery consumption for the last 10 days and I am burning a consistant 1% every 55 minutes or so. Not quite at 1% per hour. It equals out to about three days and some change of use if I needed to, but I end up charging every other day just like I did before the update.

As for what is draining my battery:

I use workout tracker every morning at the gym for about 30 minutes of cardio. I have notifications from android messages, slack, viber, gmail, and ring doorbell pushed to my watch. I'd estimate I get 3-5 notifications an hour. I also have data turned off and only connect via bluetooth. Screen brightness is set on 4, heartrate is NOT constant on, and I do not use AOD.

So that's it. As I write this I am at 52% battery and it shows 1d 21h 1m usage (45 hours and 48% battery used)

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I got my Gear S3 back from Samsung. Although it was sent to warranty repair because I could no longer get a remote connection the returned back the following with the watch.
PROBLEM Found: Will not Charge - Internal Battery Failure
Solution: Warranty, Replace Part.
Incell Battery Pack
SVC PBA-MAIN(VZW)

SO......I get it back power it up and and it won;t activate on VZW LTE. spent a couple hours with three different techs, 4 factory resets, numerous power recycle and my adamant refusal to factory reset my note 8!! LOL.
Then out of frustration I started to confirm the IMID and the ICCID #'s on my account with the one in the watch. Turns out the ICCID on the watch was one number off from what the VZW account had LOL!!!
Tech changed the ICCID# to match. Activated right away.
Tizen OS loaded up, remotely connects and bluetooth connects back and forth without a hitch now.
BAttery life also seems to be even better than before.
Hopefully this brief happiness will last a while :)

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I got my Gear S3 back from Samsung. Although it was sent to warranty repair because I could no longer get a remote connection the returned back the following with the watch.
PROBLEM Found: Will not Charge - Internal Battery Failure
Solution: Warranty, Replace Part.
Incell Battery Pack
SVC PBA-MAIN(VZW)

SO......I get it back power it up and and it won;t activate on VZW LTE. spent a couple hours with three different techs, 4 factory resets, numerous power recycle and my adamant refusal to factory reset my note 8!! LOL.
Then out of frustration I started to confirm the IMID and the ICCID #'s on my account with the one in the watch. Turns out the ICCID on the watch was one number off from what the VZW account had LOL!!!
Tech changed the ICCID# to match. Activated right away.
Tizen OS loaded up, remotely connects and bluetooth connects back and forth without a hitch now.
BAttery life also seems to be even better than before.
Hopefully this brief happiness will last a while :)

I'm glad it worked out. I always talk Verizon outta making me do a factory reset too lol

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest doing a factory reset after the update. My watch was not working properly after the update, I finally caved and did the reset and everything works again.