I dont know why but I cant add my yahoo email account to my samsung moment.. Anyone know a workaround for this?? Really bugs me!!
    12-18-2009 02:54 AM
    Yahoo does not allow POP3 forwarding unless you pay the $19.99 a year for Yahoo Mail Plus. You would need to set this up manually as an imap account. I have a Droid, but this should work the same way.

How to set up Yahoo through IMAP
    12-18-2009 09:04 AM
    wow that sucks... works on my pre fine... damnit
    12-18-2009 01:37 PM
    Easiest way to get around it is to just create a bookmark and you can log in through the browser.
    12-18-2009 02:27 PM
    I was able to have the store geek easily add my gmail account.
    Under the apps window and gmail, all my gmail goes there.
    But I have several yahoo accounts which I could either forward to the one gmail in my htc eris droid or add another yahoo account. Ah, but I had to upgrade to Mail Plus for
    the year. This way I can forward all my yahoo emails. You could forward all your emails to Yahoo then in one shot to gmail. The only downside is if you forward you stop receiving all emails on your yahoo accounts. Not sure if this is the solution yet but good to get all in one spot.
    12-18-2009 08:01 PM
    You open email, add account, enter email and enter password.
    press manual setup and select IMAP account. Set to imap.mail.yahoo.com. Press next and set server to smtp.mail.yahoo.com

the ports are 143 for incoming and 587 for outgoing.

Hope this helps!!!
    12-19-2009 02:14 AM
    Thanks! Easy peasy with your directions!
    12-27-2009 10:23 PM
    You open email, add account, enter email and enter password.
    press manual setup and select IMAP account. Set to imap.mail.yahoo.com. Press next and set server to smtp.mail.yahoo.com

the ports are 143 for incoming and 587 for outgoing.

Hope this helps!!!
    This seems like such good help, I wonder if you by chance know how to set it up on a G2? Thank you.
    07-07-2011 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD