Knox and Microsoft Outlook

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So I started the thread about Knox but recently realized it may be somewhat useful for me. I work for a insurance company and we use Outlook, in the past I have been unable to access my email from my phone. I have heard the whole point of Knox is security for the workplace, would I now be able to access my outlook work email given the security this is supposed to provide? I'd rather have a unlocked bootloader but if I can find some usefulness out of knox that would be a small win. Does anyone know if Knox provides the security outlook wants?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Whether you can access it really has more to do with your company's exchange server policies.But what Knox will allow you to do is create an encrypted partition in which you can access your email server, and which is walled off from the rest of your personal apps and data.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Whether you can access it really has more to do with your company's exchange server policies.But what Knox will allow you to do is create an encrypted partition in which you can access your email server, and which is walled off from the rest of your personal apps and data.

Well thank you. Figured it was worth checking out

Posted via Android Central App

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...Android has been making use of Exchange's ActiveSync feature to connect to your mailbox. That's completely independent of Knox. As an exchange admin, there can be various policy settings pushed down to the client (ie, your device) such as requiring a password and so forth. It really depends on your Exchange settings as indicated above.

If you're a member of some of the privileged groups in AD (Domain admins, DNSAdmins, DHCP Admins, etc...that can prevent your account object permissions from being inherited from the container/ou where your user account is located. Without those permissions, your device might have a hard time connecting to your mailbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez