Stratosphere for free?

Tonymm

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question, Verizon is selling the Stratosphere for $149. Amazon has it for $39. & Radioshack has it for FREE. This would be an upgrade for me. . Is there any advantage/ disadvantage to getting it from radioshack?

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm on an EVO Shift now but I got my EVO 4G from Radio Shack and didn't have any problems. I would say go for it.

Sent from my HTC EVO Shift using Tapatalk

Naris

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually work at a RadioShack, so I can say that there's no real disadvantage to getting it there. The only thing I'd watch out for is the fact that it just started Verizon and their system is... less simple to use than Sprint and AT&T. Worth signing up for My Verizon online to make sure it goes through.

Just wish the RadioShack insurance would go on the phone bill like the Asurion one does...

caragon24

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you order it?? I just found this thread please let me know if you were able to get it free because I just purchased mine 2 hours ago.

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought this phone last night IN STORE at a Radio Shack and got it for FREE!! So... confirmed!

I'm strongly considering going this route just because of an unexpected car repair. Did they try to upsell you on anything like warranties and stuff? How about the activation fee?

Thanks,

Ricky

Dubbman

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got mine free. I was upgrading my phone as well as my dad's through Wirefly (we called) and when he told me I could get 50% off on all accessories for the day when I order, I got off the phone quickly to check out my options for cases and screen protectors. He called my dad's phone back as it's the primary and offered both the Revolution (Dad's phone) and this phone for free if we simply bought insurance for each phone for one month. He had thought he lost the sale, we were just looking at cases and were going to call back.

$14 extra for one month and 2 free phones? Done.

neudew01

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I also saw that the Stratosphere was free from a few sites, but I noticed that the plans offered on these sites weren't as customizable as on Verizon. They included unlimited messaging, which added about $15 more a month. I have the 250 text message add on for $5 a month currently but didn't see an option for that on these sites. So, for me it would mean and extra $180 a year just for the messaging I wouldn't use. If you need unlimited messaging, I guess it would be worth getting the phone for free.

wewantutopia

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I got mine IN STORE at Radio Shack. I renewed my contract with no changes with no problems.

My plan: 450 mins/ 250 txt/ unlimited data

As for the websites like wirefly etc... you could always CALL them and see if the rep. has access to options that the website doesn't offer.

While activating my phone I was looking at the Verizon brochure. The also only advertise the 450 minute plan with unlimited texts for 59.99. At the BACK of the brochure they had individual text plan. They're just making the unlimited text plans more visible since it makes them tons of money with little sweat of their backs (texts require next to nothing bandwidth).

Reactions: neudew01

skategeezer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up today. Radio Shack had to pay me a penny to upgrade a free phone. Get um while they are hot/free Stratosphere 4G LTE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38