Call status change?

gyoung345

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Can you change the call status screen to a non-stock one? My wife has the transform but likes my Epic status screen better. She is not fond of the swiping fingers to end call or going to speakerphone.

I found that you can change dialers by going through the market, but don't know what the in call screen is technically called.

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Can you change the call status screen to a non-stock one? My wife has the transform but likes my Epic status screen better. She is not fond of the swiping fingers to end call or going to speakerphone.

I found that you can change dialers by going through the market, but don't know what the in call screen is technically called.
I think you have to root the phone to change the call screen

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Swiping to end a call is far and away the worst feature of this phone. I'm probably going to exchange the phone for this very reason. I love the call quality of this phone but it's too difficult to end (or sometimes answer a call).

I've used dialer one dialer 2 from the marketplace but those apps don't change the call screen. I've searched for an answer but can't find one. I agree with makris0000 that rooting is the only answer. That doesn't help me since I don't know how to do it.

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Swiping to end a call is far and away the worst feature of this phone. I'm probably going to exchange the phone for this very reason. I love the call quality of this phone but it's too difficult to end (or sometimes answer a call).

I've used dialer one dialer 2 from the marketplace but those apps don't change the call screen. I've searched for an answer but can't find one. I agree with makris0000 that rooting is the only answer. That doesn't help me since I don't know how to do it.

They have a root called the z4root and it was pretty simple to put it on the phone. All you have to do is find it online and download it to your computer. Then you have to put it on your phone by mounting your phone to your computer and drag the APK file to your phone. Next you have to download a file manager from the market (I have astro and it works fine) and if you have a file manager then you can skip this step. Next you open the file manager and wait a little bit for EVERYTHING to load in the file manager. When the file manager has everything loaded you click on the z4root apk file and click on browse files. Next there should be a button that says install and click yes or confirm when that comes up. After it is installed on the phone open the app and click on root and then your phone will be rooted.

Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non