"ufortunately messaging has stopped" sharp aquos crystal phone

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I finally called Sharp tech line. Had to do a factory reset. Not the same as "backup and reset" that is under settings. It's a series of button pushes that they have to walk you through. You will need to call them on a different phone. I'm sorry that I don't have the number available.

Anyway, it worked for my phone. No more problems. Good luck.

dadardada

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
sprint post paid.
like others i am having same problem.
tried some of the suggestions here and none worked
problem would disappear after hard reset and then reappear

the issue is the update to the google app .
(not google plus, or services)

if u do a hard reset, then naturally u will update all apps.
if u update the google app. the problem will re appear.

u can test it this way:
A.
hard reset.
update all apps, except google. then u have no problems

B.
hard reset.
update only google app immediatly (and no other apps) . then u have problems

edit 1:
also, to the above poster, i would be curious to know the number to sharp tech support that was called and what steps were taken. have u since updated the apps? specifically, have u updated the google app?

edit 2:
to those that like to have all apps updated, there is yet another workaround:
a. after all apps are updated
b. go to security settings and set the unlock to none
c restart the phone
d that will clear the problems
e if u ever add a security unlock (either pin, passowerd, or even simple swipe) the problem will re appear

personally, i need to have some security unlock or phone will do silly things while in my pocket
so i have just not updated the google app

Last edited:

dadardada

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I finally called Sharp tech line. Had to do a factory reset. Not the same as "backup and reset" that is under settings. It's a series of button pushes that they have to walk you through. You will need to call them on a different phone. I'm sorry that I don't have the number available.

Anyway, it worked for my phone. No more problems. Good luck.

edit 1:
also, to the above poster, i would be curious to know the number to sharp tech support that was called and what steps were taken.

have u since updated the apps?

specifically, have u updated the google app?

CFoneDP

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the provision reset... but unfortunately I have to keep doing this :'(... Master reset did not work and only frustrated me more!

Sharpaquser

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
This is how you fix the issue. No reset, loss of data or anything else required.

1) go into your apps
2) click on settings
3) scroll down to "apps"
4) click "apps"
5) swipe over to the "all" tab
6) find Google App and click on it
6b) uninstall updates
6c) force stop it
6c) clear memory/cache
6d) disable the app
7) find Google+ app
7b) repeat steps 6b-d
8) press back until you are in the initial "settings" list where you located "apss"
9) scroll until you find security and open
10) turn your lock off completely
11) go back to your home screen
12) restart your phone

Viola! Worked for me. Something is conflicting in one of the Google updates that interferes with your data messaging and it somehow also involves your lock. I just did this before posting because I had the same issue but now I don't and you all deserve to know how to fix the issue. I haven't yet tried to reinitiate my lock to see if my solution is 100% so feel free to expirement :)

indymajor

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
This is how you fix the issue. No reset, loss of data or anything else required.

1) go into your apps
2) click on settings
3) scroll down to "apps"
4) click "apps"
5) swipe over to the "all" tab
6) find Google App and click on it
6b) uninstall updates
6c) force stop it
6c) clear memory/cache
6d) disable the app
7) find Google+ app
7b) repeat steps 6b-d
8) press back until you are in the initial "settings" list where you located "apss"
9) scroll until you find security and open
10) turn your lock off completely
11) go back to your home screen
12) restart your phone

Viola! Worked for me. Something is conflicting in one of the Google updates that interferes with your data messaging and it somehow also involves your lock. I just did this before posting because I had the same issue but now I don't and you all deserve to know how to fix the issue. I haven't yet tried to reinitiate my lock to see if my solution is 100% so feel free to expirement :)

This not only fixed the picture receiving and sending problem without needing a factory reset but I also then tried to enable the lock back and was still able to send pictures through messaging. Thank you for the info and would recommend everyone following the steps above to solve your issues. thanks again to Sharpaquser

Last edited:

JBR2

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I tried most all of the different ideas(except for factory reset) what really did work though was uninstalling the updates on the Google app and then typing the code##72786#and mms worked perfectly, in turn I reinstalled the Google app updates and it stopped working again so it must be the Google app updates. Just uninstall the updates and use the reset code##72786# and don't update the Google app

Calvin Jefferson

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I called Sharp today and the issue is with the " Lock screen". To get your phone working again sending and receiving pics. You must go in settings to security and put screen lock on "None".

Then go to your dial pad and input ##72786# , Chose yes(dont worry it will not erase any info or pics on your phone)

Your phone will reset and update.

After the update go to settings and chose "system updates" and chose update profile.

Sharp told me to that they are working to get the screen lock fixed and the update should be out at the end of the month.

Dont put back on your screen lock or you will have the issue again

itsmegc

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
For those of you that have had difficulty sending and receiving pictures, you may simply have an outdated version of Sharp's software. Be sure to have your WiFi or data on and do the following:

Go to Settings > scroll down to System updates > Update Sharp software > Software update > Check for new software? > Yes > Continue > Yes

After the new software loads, which may be a few minutes depending on your connection speed, restart your phone. Hope this helps!

Breena50

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey I had been having the same problem but was too embarrassed to ask for help. I did what you instructed and it worked for the picture messages but can i install Google now or NOT. Please let me know. please send me the reply to my yahoo. as i dont come here often. brenajean2002 @yahoo

Thanks
Sabrina:D

Greggfl

May 26, 2018
Visit site
This not only fixed the picture receiving and sending problem without needing a factory reset but I also then tried to enable the lock back and was still able to send pictures through messaging. Thank you for the info and would recommend everyone following the steps above to solve your issues. thanks again to Sharpaquser

I have tried many different fixes for this issue. This one is probably the best solution. Unfortunately, you lose the phone lock.