05-17-2017 10:14 PM
196 ... 5678
tools
    I may just be blind and not seeing it, but there doesn't appear to be any way to search the forums. For moderators/ambassadors that's critical functionality (search by username, search by keyword, etc) - and I assume that it's probably useful for a lot of other people since we ask people to search the forums for existing threads prior to creating a new thread to avoid duplicate topics.
    Well there are a couple ways, under tools, is an "advanced search" everyone should have access too, which can find threads and user names. There's also the search tool at the very upper right which searches forums, blogs, etc, AND as a Mod/Admin you should also be able to do a Passport Search (regular members can not do this) click on your profile picture at the upper left, then click on your user name, THEN select Passport Admin, you'll see it. You can search the member list that way.
    David Lundblad likes this.
    03-08-2017 12:04 PM
    Thanks guys, didn't know it got moved there.
    03-08-2017 12:31 PM
    Thanks guys, didn't know it got moved there.
    The Admin Control Panel has a search tool also which you probably have access too. (Again this is not available to regular members and is only available to Admins)
    03-08-2017 02:02 PM
    Oh, and I'm still getting emails every time someone quotes me. I can't find anything in settings to turn that off. If there is a way, please tell me exactly where it is.
    03-10-2017 01:49 PM
    Oh, and I'm still getting emails every time someone quotes me. I can't find anything in settings to turn that off. If there is a way, please tell me exactly where it is.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/use...action=options check "disable quote emails and there are a few other options as well to read.
    Almeuit and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-10-2017 02:01 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/use...action=options check "disable quote emails and there are a few other options as well to read.
    Thank you.
    Aquila and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-10-2017 03:19 PM
    Is it me (my browser) or has the ability to click on a user's "forum posts" been disabled?... in the avatar section.

I'm asking because it's useful to see if a user has posted multiple posts on the same subject in the same or different forum.
    03-13-2017 02:42 AM
    Is it me (my browser) or has the ability to click on a user's "forum posts" been disabled?... in the avatar section.

I'm asking because it's useful to see if a user has posted multiple posts on the same subject in the same or different forum.
    I think that's moved to clicking on the picture then clicking posts from the resulting menu.
    nahoku likes this.
    03-13-2017 06:36 AM
    I think that's moved to clicking on the picture then clicking posts from the resulting menu.
    Thanks!
    03-13-2017 03:43 PM
    Couple of things...

1) Why is it that when you open a thread to read it, the top of the page, to include the title, gets cut off and all you see is the thread comment? This happens on any thread that has no replies.

Like this...

ScreenShot001.jpg

Why doesn't it show up like this... I always have to scroll up to see the top information.

ScreenShot002.jpg

2) Why when you open a thread with multiple replies, the thread opens to the last reply?

Like this...

ScreenShot003.jpg

Why doesn't the thread open to the first post?

Since AC will not listen to users about AC 2012, I've actually been trying to make sense of Mona to see if I can get used to it (besides having a hard time reading with it's color scheme). The functionality I'm seeing is making it very hard for me to even begin using this forum again! I would like all threads to open to the first page of the thread... with all the top info showing. Am I missing a setting somewhere in my preferences? This is happening on Firefox and Chrome on a desktop. I don't use any other browsers.
    03-16-2017 02:44 PM
    2) Why when you open a thread with multiple replies, the thread opens to the last reply?
    I believe it opens to the first unread post, or it does for me.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-16-2017 03:30 PM
    I believe it opens to the first unread post, or it does for me.
    It doesn't matter for me whether or not the thread is read or unread... all threads open to the last post. But, I think I figured out why it's doing it. It's the link itself on all threads.

It's the words "new post" in the link forcing the issue. So if you right click and copy a thread link and paste it in your browser, you'll see what's below...
    (Note... had to malform the links with an asterick to illustrate. Remove the asterick before copy/pasting to see resulting pages.)

http*://forums.androidcentral.com/site-feedback-help/771629-new-forum-design-official-feedback-thread-new-post.html

Remove the words "new post" and the link opens to the very top in all threads...

http*://forums.androidcentral.com/site-feedback-help/771629-new-forum-design-official-feedback-thread.html

Can there be a user setting put in to control how each user wishes to view threads?

Also, what happened to the ability to change font color? Colored fonts are a great way to pull attention to specific text.
    Aquila and Sam_Gs7 like this.
    03-16-2017 04:28 PM
    It doesn't matter for me whether or not the thread is read or unread... all threads open to the last post. But, I think I figured out why it's doing it. It's the link itself on all threads.

It's the words "new post" in the link forcing the issue. So if you right click and copy a thread link and paste it in your browser, you'll see what's below...
    (Note... had to malform the links with an asterick to illustrate. Remove the asterick before copy/pasting to see resulting pages.)

http*://forums.androidcentral.com/site-feedback-help/771629-new-forum-design-official-feedback-thread-new-post.html

Remove the words "new post" and the link opens to the very top in all threads...

http*://forums.androidcentral.com/site-feedback-help/771629-new-forum-design-official-feedback-thread.html

Can there be a user setting put in to control how each user wishes to view threads?

Also, what happened to the ability to change font color? Colored fonts are a great way to pull attention to specific text.
    @nahoku: They removed because
    Sammy used too much--Haha!
    nahoku likes this.
    03-16-2017 05:15 PM
    Sorry, I actually quite like that it goes to the first unread post in the thread. It's actually the way it worked on the old layout. Maybe it shouldn't go so far down when there's only one post...
    03-16-2017 07:28 PM
    I think it's happening the way @nahoku screenshot depicts because of the "new-post" part of the URL they described because it thinks that they are trying to make a new post and so the focus of the content shown is the new post input box.

I just tested it and can confirm this is broken. When you click on a thread title from a main forum list or search list, the new-post part of the URL is present and it goes to the last page of the thread and to the text entry box. Clicking on that link should instead show the first post of the thread, whereas clicking on the arrow should take you to the last post.
    03-16-2017 07:38 PM
    Sorry, I actually quite like that it goes to the first unread post in the thread. It's actually the way it worked on the old layout. Maybe it shouldn't go so far down when there's only one post...
    The old layout always went to the top of the thread... although, sometimes it would land at the bottom, in the middle, etc... but mostly to the top. In a way, this part of how the old layout worked has always been broken. This can still be verified if you log out, clear cache, and enter the forum on AC 2012. This new style as is, makes you have to scroll to the top to see what's been written prior to the last unread thread in multi-post threads, or scroll to see the thread title in new posts. I dislike having to constantly scroll every time I open a thread and it actually doesn't make any sense if this is what they want you to do. I can't imagine they did this on purpose.

If it's "broken" as Aquilla states, then it needs to be fixed. If it's by design, then that's not a good thing. Whatever the case, I would hope to see a user option so that you can view the forum as you like, and I can read the forum threads from the top of the page.
    03-16-2017 08:35 PM
    @nahoku: They removed because
    Sammy used too much--Haha!
    Yes, Sammy, I'm guessing you're suffering without color! You definitely had colorful posts... I rather enjoyed that!
    03-16-2017 08:38 PM
    The old layout always went to the top of the thread... although, sometimes it would land at the bottom, in the middle, etc... but mostly to the top. In a way, this part of how the old layout worked has always been broken. This can still be verified if you log out, clear cache, and enter the forum on AC 2012. This new style as is, makes you have to scroll to the top to see what's been written prior to the last unread thread in multi-post threads, or scroll to see the thread title in new posts. I dislike having to constantly scroll every time I open a thread and it actually doesn't make any sense if this is what they want you to do. I can't imagine they did this on purpose.

If it's "broken" as Aquilla states, then it needs to be fixed. If it's by design, then that's not a good thing. Whatever the case, I would hope to see a user option so that you can view the forum as you like, and I can read the forum threads from the top of the page.
    There ARE settings controls within the forum structure which the new template MAY override. HOWEVER it might make sense to use them to make where the thread opens to selectable IF enough people want that, and IF it doesn't require more resources than it's worth. I'm with @hallux on this opening to the first unread makes the most sense to me, BUT selectable is NEVER a bad thing if it can be practically done. Mobile Nations has always been known to listen to our feedback especially with regards to this redesign! @David Lundblad can provide more info on this.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    03-17-2017 10:00 AM
    Every single thread has "new-post" in it's url and goes to the last post... including "Stickies". What's the sense of having to scroll through 22 posts to get to the top of the thread just so you can read the stickie? It's not so bad when there are multiple pages where you can just click an arrow to get there, but on single pages, this makes no sense to me at all.

Another thing is that if I need to link a stickie (or any thread) to a new user, ie, How to join AC, or how to post a photo, the link will land on the bottom of the thread... making the user have to scroll up or click on the arrow for multipage threads, or I need to fix the link before posting just so the user can land in the right place so he can actually read the stickie.

I don't know what the devs have in mind, but this is broken functionality to me... and it seems, it's on purpose (???). Beyond that, it seems this functionality is broken as it was on AC 2012... some links are opening at the top, the middle, the bottom, or wherever. I just opened a link to a Guide and it took me to post #51 the first time I opened it, and to the bottom thereafter.

There are no settings I've found anywhere to override this behavior. Are you saying I need to PM David Lundblad so he can explain this feature to me?
    03-17-2017 03:11 PM
    Every single thread has "new-post" in it's url and goes to the last post... including "Stickies". What's the sense of having to scroll through 22 posts to get to the top of the thread just so you can read the stickie? It's not so bad when there are multiple pages where you can just click an arrow to get there, but on single pages, this makes no sense to me at all.

Another thing is that if I need to link a stickie (or any thread) to a new user, ie, How to join AC, or how to post a photo, the link will land on the bottom of the thread... making the user have to scroll up or click on the arrow for multipage threads, or I need to fix the link before posting just so the user can land in the right place so he can actually read the stickie.

I don't know what the devs have in mind, but this is broken functionality to me... and it seems, it's on purpose (???). Beyond that, it seems this functionality is broken as it was on AC 2012... some links are opening at the top, the middle, the bottom, or wherever. I just opened a link to a Guide and it took me to post #51 the first time I opened it, and to the bottom thereafter.

There are no settings I've found anywhere to override this behavior. Are you saying I need to PM David Lundblad so he can explain this feature to me?
    pkcable pinged them by tagging their name. I believe that people are looking at this functionality right now and taking suggestions on how it ought to work.
    nahoku and pkcable like this.
    03-17-2017 03:16 PM
    Two problems with the list of quoted posts in the profile screens.
    (win10, all browsers)

1. The separation line between the dates runs through the date.

2. The multiple links (from, to, title) give no indication that they are clickable; they need colors or underlines or something to stand out.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    03-20-2017 01:06 PM
    pkcable pinged them by tagging their name. I believe that people are looking at this functionality right now and taking suggestions on how it ought to work.
    Well, it's been 11 days... any word on this? I can see every thread is still going to the last post, so is this how it's going to be from now on??? Would be nice if someone would at least address concerns, one way or the other, in a feedback thread... no? Too much to ask?

Am I the only one that detests all the constant scrolling we have to do now? I used to read through 100's of threads a day... now, basically down to just this one waiting to see some kind of response of a decision from anyone!
    03-29-2017 05:08 AM
    @nahoku - what @Aquila said. We had taken a look at this last week. I'm going to follow up with tech right now to see what the status is.

Appreciate you reaching out (and thanks for the patience!)
    Aquila, pkcable and nahoku like this.
    03-29-2017 09:20 AM
    One question I have, that I likely saw and missed, is on the view of threads in a forum, what does the number in the box mean, that is next to the link to go into the thread?

And this is still my big complaint, there are a lot of features that are hard to either find or to know what they do -- like the numbers in the box. So many people want the threads to fill most of the page, and have no clue to click on the carat at the top of the page; or how to change from regular to dark mode, etc. This layout, at the moment, is just not user friendly.
    03-29-2017 08:29 PM
    One question I have, that I likely saw and missed, is on the view of threads in a forum, what does the number in the box mean, that is next to the link to go into the thread?

And this is still my big complaint, there are a lot of features that are hard to either find or to know what they do -- like the numbers in the box. So many people want the threads to fill most of the page, and have no clue to click on the carat at the top of the page; or how to change from regular to dark mode, etc. This layout, at the moment, is just not user friendly.
    There is a dark mode???

[edit] ok, so I looked and can't find it. Where is it?
    03-29-2017 09:07 PM
196 ... 5678