Where are 3rd Party Apps stored?

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have been playing around with a bunch of different roms and I every so often keep losing the apps and having to go redownload everything. I would like to just get teh apk and store this on my computer so I have them all and not have to worry about tracking them all down everytime.

Anyone know where I can find this on the phone?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
They are all stored in the marketplace as showing you have downloaded them. I dont think you are able to *legit* get the .apk from the phone to your computer, as you could then just share it with any and everyone.

You could use a solution like Astro and back up your apps through there, but I have read that it could cause issues with app updates through marketplace in the future.

Reactions: rohithsharma84

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Well I have root on the phone so I have access with root explorer. I understand how someone could illegally do something with this but I have been modding video game systems and computers for a while so I understand this. But I just want them so I don't have to go through and find them all on the market.

Also alot of these are free apps and do not show what I had in the market. So it works for some apps but not all apps.

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
You can use AppManager to backup Free apps to your phone which you can also use to reinstall. If you install from the .apk you won't be able to get updates through market though.