My Xperia X will arrive tomorrow

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Looking forward to getting this phone. I had my heart set on the X Performance so I hope I still like this one. How do you all feel about the Xs performance? Do you see any lag on the 650 chip.set? I heard it's equal to the 810 processor.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Wasn't the 810 a generally disliked chip?
I've heard it was fairly decent which was why I spoke about the 650 in a video I watched and article I read saying the 650 barely beat the 810. I figured that to be impressive according to what I've read. Do you know the 810 to be bad or something. I thought it to be repspected for it's time in use. So what does that say about the 650 then in the X. Sounds like not so good. If that is a fact i would just return mine and probably opt for the Honor 8 instead. Either way is fine by me but if say the 810 was not any good then I would think the 650 to be the same since they were on par with one another. Is this your point?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I've heard it was fairly decent which was why I spoke about the 650 in a video I watched and article I read saying the 650 barely beat the 810. I figured that to be impressive according to what I've read. Do you know the 810 to be bad or something. I thought it to be repspected for it's time in use. So what does that say about the 650 then in the X. Sounds like not so good. If that is a fact i would just return mine and probably opt for the Honor 8 instead. Either way is fine by me but if say the 810 was not any good then I would think the 650 to be the same since they were on par with one another. Is this your point?

The 810 ran hot. The 650 should be fine though, it was fine on the smaller version of this phone.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
This phone runs might hot too with the camera overheating and shutting itself down.
Sorry that this is happening to you. This happens a lot with Sony phones. With recent ones, this is much better now and not an issue.

Are you still going to use it or not?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'd say it's an issue since it happens so quickly. I'm sorry but it's a definite issue. Maybe 7 or 8 minutes of using the camaera and video it overheats and shuts down. Yeah compared to most all other phones I would say it's an issue. No way around that even if it's the norm for Sony. I love Sony but I'm a realist and yes this is an over heating issue for sure.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'd say it's an issue since it happens so quickly. I'm sorry but it's a definite issue. Maybe 7 or 8 minutes of using the camaera and video it overheats and shuts down. Yeah compared to most all other phones I would say it's an issue. No way around that even if it's the norm for Sony. I love Sony but I'm a realist and yes this is an over heating issue for sure.

Don't apologize. It's sad that Sony took so long to fix this. I have the XZ1 Compact and have never had this issue on it. Sounds like you'll have to debate if you'll want to deal with that long term or not. I wish you good luck with your decision.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Don't apologize. It's sad that Sony took so long to fix this. I have the XZ1 Compact and have never had this issue on it. Sounds like you'll have to debate if you'll want to deal with that long term or not. I wish you good luck with your decision.
Oh really. Have they since fixed this on the X model. I just bought it again and have not even been in the camera yet. So the issue is fixed now or does it still over heat?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Oh really. Have they since fixed this on the X model. I just bought it again and have not even been in the camera yet. So the issue is fixed now or does it still over heat?

I have had the camera open for more than the time you said and I haven't had any overheating. Even trying camera apps continuously for like 25 minutes still made it get a little warm but no warnings or shutting down.
Only if you do 4k/slow motion, it can overheat eventually but that's to be expected.

The XZ1 is up there (since it just came out) but I would think that any of the phones released this year, like the XZ Premium (same camera in both) should be fine.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have had the camera open for more than the time you said and I haven't had any overheating. Even trying camera apps continuously for like 25 minutes still made it get a little warm but no warnings or shutting down.
Only if you do 4k/slow motion, it can overheat eventually but that's to be expected.
Yeah but the X doesn't have 4k only 1080p up to 60 frames per second. No way it should over heat due to that. But if it's gotten better then that's a good thing.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah but the X doesn't have 4k only 1080p up to 60 frames per second. No way it should over heat due to that. But if it's gotten better then that's a good thing.

Oh, true I forgot that about the X.

Even when doing my shootout between the iPhone SE and the XZ1C, the XZ1C didn't break a sweat at all and I took at least 6 pictures. I'm not sure why it took so long for Sony to get here but much better.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Oh, true I forgot that about the X.

Even when doing my shootout between the iPhone SE and the XZ1C, the XZ1C didn't break a sweat at all and I took at least 6 pictures. I'm not sure why it took so long for Sony to get here but much better.
The X should have and could have supported 4k video but they couldn't put on bc it would have over heated immediately since the 1080p at 60 frames per second over heats so quickly.