Wifi drops in/out since Lollipop update?

toby2111

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Wifi working fine on laptop and wifes phone. I noticed that mine was dropping in and out since I updated to Lollipop on my Xperia Z3 two weeks ago. Today,its really bad-wifi icon displays for about 10 seconds then drops out for about 10,then comes in again etc. Reset the router, changed channel, no joy. Anyone else experience this?Anyone got a fix?

toby2111

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Tried them,still no joy. Just remembered that the Bluetooth in my car keep connecting and disconnecting this week also.... Would that be connected to the wifi issue??

Also downloaded virtual router plus to use laptop as hotspot-problem still there,connecting then disconnecting. Is the phone broken?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth can sometimes interfere with wi-fi, especially if the latter is on the 2.4 GHz band. Do you usually have both on at the same time. Try to keep only one on at a time, and see if the other keeps dropping out.

toby2111

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I only turn on Bluetooth in the car, never in the house. Problem still here, it's really doing my head in now. Think I'll go back to the store were I bought the phone last November as it may be faulty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's not a bad idea. But if wi-fi was working fine before the update, it's probably more an issue with the update rather than the phone. Still, the wireless company should do something about it, since it's their update that caused problems.

If you haven't done so already, try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11663. If that doesn't work, then it may be worth doing a factory reset to see if that helps.

toby2111

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Did a factory reset... Still not fixed. Yes, it was working fine before that stupid Lollipop update. Might just go back to kitkat but not sure how as I'm not very tech minded.

htc0076969

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I rooted mine back to kit Kat 4.4.4 today and good riddance lollipop 5.0.2 lollipop sucks to the core

Posted via the Android Central App xperia z3