Gingerbread Release Date

frostedunit

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the dig fellas but after viewing/posting here for the last 8 months I just felt special to be the first with something.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

carsalbuja

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It official!!!! I just chatted with samsung rep. The ota started 11-9-11 !! Mmm I still don't receive it tho lol. I'm rooted tho and I have not erased any stock apps. I just unfrozed all of the actually .
Please post guys if you have got the ota yet and if you are rooted or not. Thanks people!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It official!!!! I just chatted with samsung rep. The ota started 11-9-11 !! Mmm I still don't receive it tho lol. I'm rooted tho and I have not erased any stock apps. I just unfrozed all of the actually .
Please post guys if you have got the ota yet and if you are rooted or not. Thanks people!
Some have received the OTA or else we wouldn't have gotten the manual update.zip method.

As far as you being rooted you will have to Odin back to stock Froyo EC05 to receive the OTA update/manual update. There has been multiple attempts here at AC by members to update while rooted and have failed.

You do have the option of flashing the official GB update in the form of a custom ROM using CWM.

Its prerooted/deodexed and complete stock official GB EI22

[Pre-rooted][Deodexed]EI22 CWM Flashable

strategy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Is this an April Fools joke? I find any word from Samsung hard to believe. Until I see it hit my phone I won't believe it. :)

But I hope to see others report that they have actually gotten it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is this an April Fools joke? I find any word from Samsung hard to believe. Until I see it hit my phone I won't believe it. :)

But I hope to see others report that they have actually gotten it.
Could be that so many people are on board doing the manual update that its beating the OTA to the punch... Remember first two or three days were very slow roll outs... The major push goes into the weekend and next week...

daehttub

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Got my official Sprint notice today that Gingerbread is downloading for the Samsung Epic 4G. It's about time. They'll send me another notice when it's ready and I'll have to set my phone aside and connect it to a safe/stable wifi connection for 20 minutes to get everything properly installed. Happy Days :D

P.S. Just don't ask me about ICS :-\

carsalbuja

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Some have received the OTA or else we wouldn't have gotten the manual update.zip method.

As far as you being rooted you will have to Odin back to stock Froyo EC05 to receive the OTA update/manual update. There has been multiple attempts here at AC by members to update while rooted and have failed.

You do have the option of flashing the official GB update in the form of a custom ROM using CWM.

Its prerooted/deodexed and complete stock official GB EI22

[Pre-rooted][Deodexed]EI22 CWM Flashable

Thanks Paul627g i followed the link and did the manual update today. so far so good. i did noticed that the "time without signal" bug is still there.... i still gotta triger airplane mode on and off when i turn on my phone or im over 50% without signal.... danm samsung ...... hopefully they fixed the sns and the drm bugs.