frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com
So, I was checking out the Vibrant at Sam's today and as many of you probably know, it comes preloaded with Avatar. The guy said that was just on the T Mobile Galaxy S phone. So in that video I just saw from engadget, they played Transformers 2 on the Epic. Any chance it will come preloaded with some Blockbuster Movie?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
i think its for tmo only . the transformer movie i believe was on the S. it would be cool for the epic to have movies on it peloaded. IMO .

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Transformers was a preview i think. Anyway, samsung is launching a movie store soon so you can buy movies formatted for the gs.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I watch movies all the time on my pre, so getting a free movie on this would sweeten the deal on the epic.

Any movie I want on the phone I could get it for free so getting a movie preloaded isn't interested. Give me a free game or something. I could care less about a movie.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Any movie I want on the phone I could get it for free so getting a movie preloaded isn't interested. Give me a free game or something. I could care less about a movie.

To each there own I like to always say. Although a game does sound nice as well.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. The Asphalt 5 DEMO as preloaded is a total slap in the face. Oh look a demo of a year old game that a year old phone could play just as well with 1/2 the power! (Pre)

Not nearly the wow factor of Avatar IMHO. I'd never watch that film all the way through on a phone - but it's a great way to wow your friends when you bought the phone. Tmobile is big on exclusive media content- the HD2 had Transformers 1 and 2 preloaded.

ZoogieZork

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. The Asphalt 5 DEMO as preloaded is a total slap in the face. Oh look a demo of a year old game that a year old phone could play just as well with 1/2 the power! (Pre)

IIRC from watching my friend play the demo on his Evo, it's a pretty short demo too. :(

Eazail70x7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the Epic will have Transformers 2 preloaded on it. Check out the Engadget review video of it. It has the whole movie of transformers 2

Death Roe

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Can the Epic get a GOOD movie to be put on there as a preload for us consumers? Like, say, Inception? (Joking, but TF2 sucks)

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Avatar sucked too- (Aliens and Pocahontas mashup) but both films LOOK good- and when you're selling a phone based on a next gen screen tech that has amazing color- you put a film that has WOW factor. Big colorful oversaturated films like TF and Avatar fit that bill nicely.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Respect to everyone's view here, but a pre-loaded movie is worth about $0.05 to me. I suspect others feel the same way. Once you have handbrake or ripobot or any h264 with aac in mp4 container free convert at proper res and bitrate set up, you are set to convert any vob or bd to evo or epic optimized specs, at about 500mb per hour. You can convert five movies at a time off your server or pc overnight unattended, and swap and keep 10 movies on the handset at a given time with 7.5 gb of your 16gb card.

mikachu

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
You should make a movie converting guide optimized for epic using free programs. It will help us all out :) I hope you are getting an EPIC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa