Epic vs Evo Poll. which phone would you choose?

Which phone would you choose.

• Total voters

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Wha wha WHAT...???!!! Are you absolutely sure the epic does not have a glass screen?

If so, the EPIC is out of the question

It does have glass, the epic I was using had a shield on it, so it felt more like touching an lcd.. At any rate, the epic does infact move smoother though the menus, but for the most part, its close between the two.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It does have glass, the epic I was using had a shield on it, so it felt more like touching an lcd.. At any rate, the epic does infact move smoother though the menus, but for the most part, its close between the two.

I would be interested to see rooted EVO vs. rooted Epic. This is where we crown the speed champ.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh my gosh, once the Epic comes out, there will probably be a war between us and the Evo fans. There's already trouble brewing with people comparing the Captivate and the Epic and concluding that they're basically the same. I'm setting up my barrier right now, you know, just in case...:D

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Having a good deal of time to play with the epic as well as compare it directly to the evo, I'm probably going to get the epic. After playing with the epic for a while and then playing with the evo, the colors on the evo definitely looked washed out compared to the vibrant colors found on the super amoled. Scrolling and pinching to zoom is smoother on the epic I also like the kinetic physics engine better on the epic when it comes to scrolling, very reminiscent of the iphone (which I'm actually fond of).

The epic also outperforms in the evo in the graphics department. After seeing the galaxy s phones compared to the evo on asphalt 5, it just sad to see how bad the evo preforms next to galaxy s phones.

Touchwiz 3.0 is actually not bad. It manages apps very well and it's built in task killer is very nice. The app grid list is also much better than the common app drawer commonly seen on other android devices. That being said it's an android so it can easily be rooted to launcher pro for instance.

crutnacker

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on the fence. I'm in line for an Evo, but thinking of telling my friend who is setting up my account I want the Epic instead. The big screen of the Evo and that dumb big clock on the face make it stand out to me, but that Amoled display is awesome. Decisions.... decisions. My wife wants the Evo. Maybe we get them both and do a shootout within the 30 days. Just wish it wasn't a $50 premium.

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The Epic 4G is the phone me and my wife are choosing. I just love that super amoled screen and the bright colors and how super fast it is. Also, I love the fact that it has a slide out keyboard.

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Also I want to add that I like TouchWiz 3.0. more than Sense UI. It reminds me a little of the Iphone where I'm very a custom with and like. But, if you get tired of it you can change it to ADW Launcher or Launcher Pro.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I am rooting for the Epic to be a great device for Sprint, but I have yet to see anything that matches my EVO. This phone is incredible. I like that Sprint will have the best touchscreen device and slider at the same time.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Long time BB user here.

Wanted an Android and went with the EVO. Screen didn't wow me, camera was really less wonderful than expected and video playback disappointed.

Speed of the phone was wonderful, browsing while on the road for work was so fast and easy to read that it often prevented my laptop from coming out of the bag. E-mail was a bit slower than the BB but it was fine. Overall build quality of the phone was great although it was kinda non stimulating.

Sound quality was so so.

Returned it for a BB 9650 for one reason only.....after 2.2, every time I answered a call or clicked "enter" to get onto the web the darn this shut down completely. Corporate store reloaded it twice, we still had the issue and they had no more EVO's.

EPIC draws me for the screen, video playback for stuff I might shoot for work, camera images appear to be better, (an 8MP camera in EVO vs 5 in EPIC absolutely does not make it a better camera on a chip this size).

The form of the phone for whatever reason appears more interesting.

More than anything and especially given that I wear hearing aids...I want to see how it functions as a PHONE (originally intended communication purpose!)

Time will tell if it's really a solid device. If they made it as great as my Samsung LCD TV's I'll be a happy camper :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress