Being a Premier Customer

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So I already saw this so I know that to qualify for Premier, I have to have an individual base rate plan that is $69.99/month +. Well, I'm going for the Any Mobile, Anytime +450 which happens to be $69.99/month.

But I'm getting a discount, dropping it down to $59.49. Plus the $10 4G tax, plus insurance, plus taxes/fees, I'll be paying around $80/month or more.

Will I be a Premier customer?

Once I am a Premier customer, will I really be able to get a new phone at the standard cheap price (ie $250 for the Epic) once a year?

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
When you first activate your phone in store are you immediately able to get the 25% discount on 2 accessories? In the store they told us about a 20% discount for 2 accessories but they weren't talking about premiere I assume.

Xenx

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For clarification, the qualification says base rate. That means before the discounts, taxes, and add-ons. If the plan says $69.99, or $99.99 for family, then its good. Regardless of any addons, or discounts.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I should have premier, but it doesn't show. One of our lines has over 10 years of service with Sprint AND a we have a plan over 99.99. Maybe it'll change after I get the Epic. Strange, maybe we have it, but it just doesn't show or something.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
For clarification, the qualification says base rate. That means before the discounts, taxes, and add-ons. If the plan says $69.99, or $99.99 for family, then its good. Regardless of any addons, or discounts.

Thanks. And yearly phone upgrade is the same discount as a normal upgrade/new plan would get?

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I should have premier, but it doesn't show. One of our lines has over 10 years of service with Sprint AND a we have a plan over 99.99. Maybe it'll change after I get the Epic. Strange, maybe we have it, but it just doesn't show or something.

Call Sprint and ask them why they dont have you listed as Premier.

I was eligible for their premier program due to my plan but it never showed up for me online until I called them and asked what the deal was.

Andrax

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. And yearly phone upgrade is the same discount as a normal upgrade/new plan would get?

Correct, but if you have a multi line plan the annual upgrade discount will only apply to the primary line.

Currently on the EVO, but my wife really wants to dump her bb for an android device with physical keyboard. Been on fence between the Epic and moment. She really doesn't need 4g, but a moment seems like a but of a dead end. # sigh#

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Well here's the official Sprint definition of Sprint Premier:

"Sprint Premier is a customer loyalty program available to eligible Sprint wireless customers based on tenure with Sprint and customers average monthly rate plan per line. Customers tenure is determined based on either the service activation date of the oldest subscriber on the account or the account start date, whichever is earlier. Sprint reserves the right to add, modify or delete any of the terms, conditions, rules, rewards or reward levels pertaining to Sprint Premier at anytime. Sprint Premier is not available to employees of Sprint or to business accounts. These offers are made available to select customers at the sole discretion of Sprint and may change or be canceled at any time. Only the Primary line on the account that meets the minimum monthly recurring charge requirement is eligible for Sprint Premier customer benefits. Account must be in good standing. If your Sprint account is cancelled or disconnected for any reason, you may be automatically and immediately disqualified."

Benefits include:
Sprint Premier Upgrade
Bonus Minutes
$5 Service Credit
Song Download Offer
These benefits have specific requirments. Just because they're listed doesn't mean you get any/all of them. You have to read the details.

The only thing I've ever taken advantage of as a Premier member is the annual upgrade on my line. My wife and kids have to wait the 2 years. The Sprint upgrade program for Premiers is by far the BEST program compared to other carriers. In fact, the 2 year upgrade price is also same as new customers. Sprint doesn't charge their old customers a fee to upgrade.

I've been with Sprint for about 10 years and really don't know when I was S|P
probably when the program started several years back. I have 5 lines on the account.

I do notice there's always a S|P (Sprint Premier) window on the far top right hand of my screen when I sign on to My Sprint/My Account with a link to Show Me My Rewards.

Like later this morning I'm upgrading my 1 year old Blackberry Tour 9630 to the Epic 4G. I'm doing it at Radio Shack even!! Instant rebate. RS is linked to Sprint's system and I can upgrade even the primary (1 year) line at RS. So I'm paying $249.99 at RS up front. Sprint will tack on the customary activation fee and that's it. My plan will increase by $10 because of the Epic, but I'm okay with that. My plan, even with the extra $10 bucks beats any other carrier out there.

Hope this helps clairfy things.

t-minus 0 days 7 hours 55 minutes and counting .....

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Call Sprint and ask them why they dont have you listed as Premier.

I was eligible for their premier program due to my plan but it never showed up for me online until I called them and asked what the deal was.

Really? Thanks for the info! Will do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87