screen Brightness Setting Wont Hold

seistoes

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this? I went into settings and adjusted my screen to full brightness and unchecked the auto box. The homescreen is very bright but as soon as I launch the browser, it automatically dims.
I looked under browser settings but could not find anything there relating to screen brightness. Any ideas? Thanks.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
What happens when you quit browser?? Does it go back up??

Just an idea: it could be the power saver feature under device settings which adjust the brightness according to what is displayed in the screen. If it is checked, try unchecking it.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Under browser settings the brightness setting for the browser is all the way at the bottom and it is holding for me.

seistoes

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Under browser settings the brightness setting for the browser is all the way at the bottom and it is holding for me.

Thank you. First of all I did not realize the browser had it's own brightness setting seperate from the master brightness setting. Also, it the setting is hard to find since it is not located in "browser settings" but rather in the browser menu, under settings.

It works fine now!

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Wow I did not know the browser had its own brightness setting. This is not the case for my HTC Hero (nor any other Android device, I believe). Can anyone think of a reason why they utilized this?

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow I did not know the browser had its own brightness setting. This is not the case for my HTC Hero (nor any other Android device, I believe). Can anyone think of a reason why they utilized this?

amoled display is really bright and uses a lot of power, so they dim it for the browser, where most of the page is pure white.

Toast95135

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Probably to save battery. The SAMOLED screen uses less power in pretty much every situation except for displaying white, which is the background color of most webpages.

j2sr

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The home screen brightness should stay at what you set it to though right? even after using the browser? Mine will not stay where i put it