how long has your battery lasted F-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

criffaaa1

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
i currently own a evo and its battery life is horrendous 6.5 hours tops(heavy use). Im considering switching to the epic just wondering if battery life is any better on the epic. :confused:

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's any better, since I just got the phone (obviously) I've been using it A BUNCH and I didn't let it hit empty, but it's been going down pretty quickly.

punzada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I went from 100% to 5% today after first full charge since getting it yesteday overnight in 6.5 hours (used a constantly connected irc session to 2 servers with androidirc, meebo connections with aim/msn/yahoo and some moderate browsing all over 3g - hey, I do also have *some* work that has to get done). It's recharging now, hopefully the battery needs to get beaten and I'll be able to squeeze eight hours of it - otherwise hello seido we need to talk soon :D

Trancel

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This is my biggest concern. Yes, it's a nice looking phone but people's usage patterns vary *so* much that there's really no way to know how long a charge will last *me* until I get it. Well, that and the lack of 4g coverage in my area (but even that isn't as annoying as battery issues.)

scottmc129

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i had the Evo for the full 30 days. I can say that day 1 the epic is much improved. where i notice battery saving is on stand by. the evo would be battery draining just sitting there with the screen off. stand by is where you have the most gains. the screen still sucks up the most power but overall its improved.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's any better, since I just got the phone (obviously) I've been using it A BUNCH and I didn't let it hit empty, but it's been going down pretty quickly.

You need to cycle the battery for at least a week for battery life to get better. Try bump-charging too.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I went from 100% to 5% today after first full charge since getting it yesteday overnight in 6.5 hours (used a constantly connected irc session to 2 servers with androidirc, meebo connections with aim/msn/yahoo and some moderate browsing all over 3g - hey, I do also have *some* work that has to get done). It's recharging now, hopefully the battery needs to get beaten and I'll be able to squeeze eight hours of it - otherwise hello seido we need to talk soon :D

Wanna come with me? We can go talk to Seidio together. :D

Honestly, though, I'm not having to many problems, so it's all good. This phone really sealed up the flaws that kept me from LOVING the EVO. SNES emu+Epic 4g=GOD

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely having battery issues. It came out of the box with no power. Charged it to full using the wall charger. With light use it died within 4 hours. Charged it again today and again with light use it died within 4 hours. It was even connected to a PC and charging for over an hour. Once I disconnected it the battery warning light came on. I think I need to get a new battery.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely having battery issues. It came out of the box with no power. Charged it to full using the wall charger. With light use it died within 4 hours. Charged it again today and again with light use it died within 4 hours. It was even connected to a PC and charging for over an hour. Once I disconnected it the battery warning light came on. I think I need to get a new battery.

Best part about the Epic? Battery defective? Take it in to the Apple Store for an 80 dollar replacement...or NOT! Swap it and you're good.

DJPellegrino

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Phone off the cradle @ 6:30am. Used it for Nav to work, about 1/2 hr drive. At work dl'd some apps and played with them. Enabled Wifi @ work and played some more. Browsing, and dl some more apps.. Rcvd txt msgs and sent a few. Left work @ 1:30p, and used GPs to get me home, another 1/2 hr drive. @ home, checked email and played with configuration. Idle from 2:30p to 3:00p as I cut the grass. Checked txt msgs til 4. Drank a few beers with neighbor till 5. Plugged it into the dock @ 5:30p to start charging. Had a warning just before that the battery was low.

Phr0z3n

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So what is your avg time with the battery on the Epic4G? My Evo has a 2day usage with a Seido 3500 Battery, wanted to pick this up for the girlfriend but she uses her Hero pretty heavy i think she'd kill my Evo if i ever let her touch it within a day.

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife is having the same issues...she didn't make it 4 hours this morning with her Epic. Be sure to uncheck automatically sign in on google talk...it is checked my default and a huge battery killer.

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
With WiFi off the most I ever got was about 4 hours

I also keep off gps, hot spot and a bunch of apps as well
Are there better bAtteries one can buy ?

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Took it off the charger a around 730, battery still has a bit left in it at 6, but I am recharging it right now.

Pretty decent considering that this is reasonably heavy first day use. If I can get 10+ hours with moderate use on a regular basis, I will be happy. I just wish it recharged as fast as my pre.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty