Epic users in the LA area, I have some news for you

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Now we all know where rumors got us in the weeks before the release of the Epic, but I will tell you anyways. Some managers over at my local Sprint store told me that they were told that Sprint will turn the switch on December 8th. I personally can't wait as I have some 4g service at my house and it's just way faster than my 3g. What about you guys?

spear

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I heard a Nov time frame for nation-wide rollout- but that's probably some uninformed employee.

OTH, I was able to get a 4G signal in parts of LA, such as downtown (near Echo Park).

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I heard a Nov time frame for nation-wide rollout- but that's probably some uninformed employee.

OTH, I was able to get a 4G signal in parts of LA, such as downtown (near Echo Park).

Yes! Same here! All of LA should have 4g at the official roll out time, but for now, it's only in the vital spots like LAX, downtown, and a few other places.

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Glad to see there's an idea of when (seems like they are being more thorough with major metro area launches read: NYC). Now I wonder if they'll announce another 4G phone around XMAS...or the Galaxy Tab (per BGR rumor).

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see there's an idea of when (seems like they are being more thorough with major metro area launches read: NYC). Now I wonder if they'll announce another 4G phone around XMAS...or the Galaxy Tab (per BGR rumor).

That would be quite interesting. If the Tab was released, then I would REALLY be interested :)

danny2744

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Now we all know where rumors got us in the weeks before the release of the Epic, but I will tell you anyways. Some managers over at my local Sprint store told me that they were told that Sprint will turn the switch on December 8th. I personally can't wait as I have some 4g service at my house and it's just way faster than my 3g. What about you guys?

i want 4g to arrive already. i live near riverside which isn't that far from LA. oh well just got to pay those 10 bucks for now

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Any of you who can reach the Marina, I will tell you that the Best Sprint store is right outside Marina del Rey. They gave me a free spare battery, free spare charger, and a free spare pair of earphones AND replaced my phone AND let me test it out beforehand to see if it was all good! I'm going in tomorrow to replace another one because it turns out I overlooked one area, but they let me replace that one too! Man, they rock! Screw Best Buy, I'll be HAPPY to pay the extra one hundred and then mail in the rebate with customer service like this.

BoulderGeek

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, Denver is only on the "Upcoming" list, but some areas got turned up in the last three weeks.

So, hopefully you'll get some WiMax before the actual announcements.

deadpanwalking

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Orange Country CA here. Reading this forum piqued my interest so I decided to give it a go. Lo and behold I am connected to a 4g network! Down speed is listed at 6888.7 kb/s down and 319.2 kb/s up. 3G speed meanwhile is 1525 kb/s down and 64.6 kb/s up. Not feeling that bad about the extra 10 bucks a month I'm paying now. I mean I still feel kinda bad about it, just not as bad as before.

it.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Orange Country CA here. Reading this forum piqued my interest so I decided to give it a go. Lo and behold I am connected to a 4g network! Down speed is listed at 6888.7 kb/s down and 319.2 kb/s up. 3G speed meanwhile is 1525 kb/s down and 64.6 kb/s up. Not feeling that bad about the extra 10 bucks a month I'm paying now. I mean I still feel kinda bad about it, just not as bad as before.
Still nothing yet in south OC :(. But I know there is a clearwire tower right by my house so hopefully I'll be covered when they flip the switch.

Zindoh

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I am getting 4g all over the San Fernando Valley now. Was just a few spots, now i am in 4g all over. I hink its already trickled out in some spots.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Somewhat good down by LAX, good in Downtown, and I heard the San Fernando was actually one of the first spots to report with 4g signal.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
When I had evo at launch I could never connect to 4G in the SF Valley. With epic I connect- then almost immediately drop...in encino anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non