2010 Mazda 3 and BT not pairing

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
So the title says it all... the phone scans for devices and doesn't find my car's BT.

Anyone have similar results with other models of cars? This is very frustrating since my Hero, Moment and Evo were both capable of this easy task.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had issues pairing. My Mom's Mini Cooper S Works paired, but wouldn't properly send my contacts. My Girlfriend's VW Tiguan Paired and contacts were posted in no time. I guess my next car will be a VW as I was looking to get something much smaller than My Chevy Trailblazer now that I only have to move 1 more time (not 9 times in 11 months, which is why I got the beast in the first place).

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So the title says it all... the phone scans for devices and doesn't find my car's BT.

Anyone have similar results with other models of cars? This is very frustrating since my Hero, Moment and Evo were both capable of this easy task.

I didn't have a problem pairing with my Lexus BT (2009 RX400h), the issue that I have noticed very seldom won't connect and has to be connected manually - once I had to un-pair and re-pair again for it to work.

This is not seemingly related to any reproducible behavior is that I can identify yet, twice happend after using the GPS, but did not happen everytime after using it. I suspect is more an issue specific car brand/phone BT incompatibility; like you, the Evo does pair/connect quite well on the same car.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Keith- have you already set the car to "Discoverable"? My pioneer aftermarket unit has to be turned on as discoverable the 1st time. I Paired.

I also had some odd messages trying to send 1 contact to my car- but after a few attempts the entire addressbook was copied into the car unit!

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I reset my cars computer board and it paired up fine. First time it wasn't a phone issue. That being said... avrcp works awesome and no pops or stutters.

Jumped ship? LoL, I'm not on any ship, I have 3 phone lines right now. Epic 4G, Pre "Minus" and a BB Bold. Soon to have the 2nd Gen Palm hardware and a WinPho7 device. I have an illness.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I had problems with a Lexus GX 470 '09, but with a bit of tinkering, it finally paired and it works flawlessly to this day.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Epic 4g

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Glad you were able to fix it. I've had no issues pairing my Epic to my 2010 Mazdaspeed 3, but I think for music the audio quality over BT isn't quite as good as with my iPod Touch so I still use that for my music.