Rear Speaker QUALITY

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine appears to be really "raspy" or tinny sounding and not really easy to understand.

From my explorations, there is no way to adjust this other than the volume control.

There aren't any apps which allow you to adjust rear speaker sound quality are there?

Are the rest of you finding the same quality or should it have more bass and not sound so metalic?

Thanks for you input since I don't have any friends who have an EPIC to compare it to!

marisdaman

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My speaker was fine but this past week sound is distorted like its blown. Ima take it to sprint and try and have them replace it

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My rear speaker sounds great. While it definitely won't replace a good set of headphones... or external speakers... it gets the job done and doesn't sound distorted or tinny.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine, like all speakers, sounds slightly distorted at max volume. The quality ir pretty decent but then again its a small speaker built into a cell phone and I take it for what it is. If yours is raspy then it may be blown.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting in that the gal on SPRINT NAV sounds fine...any type of voice from a phone call sounds horrible.

KayeRS

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Spoiled by Hero's speaker--Desire's speaker is "junk"

There is no comparison between the htc Desire's speaker and the htc Hero. I couldn't use the Hero's keypad very well, so I was switched to a Blackberry Curve 8530. Loved the phone but had connection problems when using speed dials. nTelos, a very accommodating carrier, switched me free of charge to the Desire. (Wish I had chosen the BB Bold or Motorola Droid instead.) The Desire is very attractive and the keypads are great on this phone. (I might also add that the quality of the audio through the earpiece is very clear and nice.) The connection speeds are swift. But when compared to the Hero and the Curve, the speaker is junk. I didn't need headphones with the Hero to get enough volume to listen to music or talk radio. And it was nice and clear. With the Desire, the speaker does not go loud and the higher the volume the more raspy and tinny the sound. I am highly disappointed. I had read the reviews and felt this was a "perfect" phone. The Hero, except for the speed and keypad, is a better phone hands down. The battery life on the hero wasn't the greatest, but so far it has proven to be better than the battery life of the Desire, too. Would like to return the Desire to nTelos, but having returned three free Curves in two months because of connection problems via speed dial, I am afraid they will think I am being persnickity. I cannot believe the great reviews that were given to the Desire--next time I will consult users before I choose a phone through online "expert" reviews.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My speaker sounds awesome! I like where it's placed because when you hold it, your hand becomes a natural amplifier.

Yes! Your right hand when held slightly "cupped" in landscape mode makes a great "natural sound amplifier/channeler". Even with the keyboard out this works great.

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine blew, had sprint replace it. Happened out of the blue one day

Sounds like a developing issue. Speaker on my first epic was FAN-freekin-tastic!! The speaker on the second device, meh. It's ok. If it sounds tinny or raspy try knocking the volume back 1 tic from max. That's where I use it.

GUARDiAN921

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
At one point I had headphones plugged into my Epic (regular 3.5mm headphones to listen to music, not any headphones with a mic such as the pair that came with the phone) and a friend of mine called me. I heard the ringtone through both the headphones and external speaker (like it should), but since my headphones didn't have a mic I unplugged it and answered the call going along with the convo. After it ended, my music sounded distorted and tinny as if my external speaker had blown. I either replugged the headphones in and relistened to the music and/or rebooted my phone (forgot which) and my speaker restored to its original sound.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine sounds great for speaker phone use but I would never use it for media use anyway except for the random youtube video if anything..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19