cell standby after update

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed better cell standby percentages without having to do the airplane toggle? My percentage of drain is still kind of high, 30 to 40 percent. It used to go as low a 5 percent after toggling into and out of airplane mode. The update was supposed to fix this, corrrect?

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My testing shows that this issue has not been fixed.

The workaround is so easy that I'm not stressing about it. I do hope they fix it in the 2.2 update at least.

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I thought the main issue for this fix was the upload speed.

Yeah i guess I just saw the term battery drain in the list of fixes but apparently that is a wifi standby battery drain. I never even heard of that bug and I am always reading the forums. How do they fix that and and not the cdma one?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have this issue until DI18 update. Now I'm sitting in perfect signal in my office and it's always reading 50% without signal.

UH! Cell standby was fine for me; now sleep mode is fixed and this is acting up. When will they fix these things? Has anyone been emailing samsung abou these issues. I emailed them about one issue I had. I would assume if everyone else emails they will start to get the hint and fix these things.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I did the DI18 update yesterday. Since then, my cell standby battery use has drop to 4% and cell without signal has dropped to 0%

It may, or may not have been the update that improved it. Not sure yet.......

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Definitely helped me... was averaging around 30-45% time without signal before and now am always below 5%...

The Airplane Mode toggle might also have something to do with it... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa