Fluctualting Cell Signal

vteclipsegs

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My Epic has an issue where even while not moving and sitting on a desk the cell signal will fluctuate up and down constantly despite not haivng any obvious problems in call volume or data rates.

Anyone esle seen this?

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i had the same issue.... signal rises, drops, 3G icons dissapears, appears again, and even goes into roaming for a moment... its because its contantly looking for signal where its not supposed to IMO (the whole WCDMA and >50% TWS issue)

what dramatically helped me with this issue is going to settings/ call settings/ system select/ and choose Sprint (its on Automatic by Default)

I have an issue where they are stealing copper from the antenna that feeds signal to my house and signal is HORRIBLE for the past month. Calls wont arrive, its a b*tch to make a call and have it actually connect, and internet is such a pain that it made me want to throw my device against the wall...

after i did that setting adjustment, my connections are much much better, its like the antenna is fine now... still testing

vteclipsegs

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i had the same issue.... signal rises, drops, 3G icons dissapears, appears again, and even goes into roaming for a moment... its because its contantly looking for signal where its not supposed to IMO (the whole WCDMA and >50% TWS issue)

what dramatically helped me with this issue is going to settings/ call settings/ system select/ and choose Sprint (its on Automatic by Default)

I have an issue where they are stealing copper from the antenna that feeds signal to my house and signal is HORRIBLE for the past month. Calls wont arrive, its a b*tch to make a call and have it actually connect, and internet is such a pain that it made me want to throw my device against the wall...

after i did that setting adjustment, my connections are much much better, its like the antenna is fine now... still testing

Won't this prevent the phone from roaming? I work in a roaming area (old Nextel market so I roam w/ 3g data) so I have to be able to roam, which is when I notice the fluctuating the most. @ home the phone stays solid but it's not a surprise given I have an airave.

Anyone else have a suggestion? Is this a sign of a defective phone?