Notification Light?

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I receive a text or e-mail my LED notification light only goes off for no less than a minute. Why doesn't it keep blinking? It should stop blinking when I read the message correct? I'll be sitting here and notice I received a text message and the light blinks about 6 or 7 times then stops. What's the dealio?

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
You are better off getting an app called "Flash Notify" and have it as your notifier. The LED once worked, blinked till you acknowledged the message, then it no longer did that.

Why that is, I do not know. Does not make sense. but it is how it is at this point. :(

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
That's just how it works. Idk why maybe to "save battery" but I doubt it saves much.

For me its not a big deal because I always have my phone on me. And 2 I never really notice the light either way.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

dead78

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think it actually does flash beyond the first few seconds after the new notification is received, but the led literally flashes once every minute or so. It's so quick that if you're not staring at the phone, you'd never know it happened.