Contact picture blank when calling

bcball

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a contact that has 2 links: Google and Facebook. The facebook link has a picture associated, while the Google link doesn't.

When I select the contact from my Contacts icon, the picture is perfect. However, when I call them, or they call me, there is NO PICTURE!

Any thoughts on how to get the Facebook picture set as the default? I tried unlinking them, and relinking in different orders. That didn't work.

cwfranklin2

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing on my second Epic. Also, the photos will not show up in the messaging app. They do however show up in Handcent, a third party messaging app. Makes me wonder that the samsung apps are accessing the photos in different way.

hughesSMFD

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking into this issue since I got the phone on launch day. It is REALLY annoying that no pics come up when someone calls/texts/messages me.

After searching and hoping for an update. I finally decided to disconnect my Facebook and Twitter account info from my contacts, and I took the time to select and upload the contact pictures to my Gmail Contact list. They automatically synced to my phone (of course), so now my friends/family photos come up whenever I receive a message.

It is a little time consuming, took me about an hour for all 89 of them, but once its done... Its done! And I like being able to control what pic comes up when someone calls/texts me, but thats just me.

Long story short, my advice is to not sync your Gmail account contacts with applications like Facebook/Twitter etc, and just manage the contact pics yourself.

cwfranklin2

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There's got to be a better way. My first Epic didn't have this issue. I'm wondering though, if that is because of the order in which I synced my contacts because some contacts had the Twitter avatar as the contact image and some had the facebook profile pic as contact image. I can't remember exacrtly, but I think I may have synced twitter first then facebook then google.

I tried deleting all my sync accounts, but it tells me that I can't delete google because there are apps using it. I wish I knew what they were I would delete them too.

Maybe the weekend I'll do a factory reset and just start all over. I've done it before and it wasn't all that painful.

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Check out syncmypix, it automatically syncs your Facebook contact pictures with your Gmail contacts. Now all pictures will show properly on the EPIC.

You can set how often it check for picture updates, best of all it is free!!

Solved the contact picture issue on my mine and my wife's EPICs. Hopefully Samsung will come out with FroYo and TW 3.0 that includes a fix for this issue.

Last edited: