screen blacks out and freezes up when on a call

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
On my sons Epic the screen blacks out when he is on a call and freezes up. I know it has a proximetry sensor and it's supposed to blackout when the phone is close to his face. It doesn't anymore. It used to until yeserday. Instead it blacks out with whatever he has the screen timeout set to.
For example-If he gets a call waiting call and goes to switch to another caller the phone goes black and locks up. Not even the power button will bring the screen up. If I hang up on my end (my EVO) his screen comes back on and goes to his pattern lock. He can't even hang up unless the other person hangs up first. Why would this happen all of a sudden? Is a hard reset or factory reset in order. Taking out the battery did not help...
I should note that this is a phone Assurion sent him about 2 weeks ago, he lost the other one and this was my $100 replacement. Seems unfair that the replacement phone is worse than his new one, is assurion responsible for the replacement phone?

IZZY Dead

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes and Yes, Yes a hard reset may help and Yes, Assurion has a reputation for sending out refurbed Epic phones that have problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard