Sprint Samsung Epic 4g Official Froyo EC05 [update.zip method/Custom Odin Packages]

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd hardly say Day 2. Wasn't EC05 supposed to drop the same time as EB13? That being 9 PM Pacific time the day of the release? By that reckoning, we're less than 13 hours into the release as of the time of this posting.

I never read anywhere that EC05 was suppose to drop at 9PM PST.. Please post where it says EC05 dropping at 9PM PST

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd hardly say Day 2. Wasn't EC05 supposed to drop the same time as EB13? That being 9 PM Pacific time the day of the release? By that reckoning, we're less than 13 hours into the release as of the time of this posting.

Yeah... If I remember correctly there weren't any reports of the OTA until around lunchtime the following day. So if it goes like last time, we should be getting reports soon.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
No comment from samsung or sprint. A release on march 21 and today is the 22 nd. They are really wining its over this time. I can't wait for galaxy s 2. I've been nothing but impressed so far! :/

Last edited:

markv20

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Im not too technical savy with my phone but when I got up this morning and checked my phone at 6am est it promted me for an update. I did the update, took about 5 minutes. Now my phone says firmware version:2.2.1, build # FROYO.EC05
not sure if this is the update people are looking for

Reactions: Bmwillz

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Im not too technical savy with my phone but when I got up this morning and checked my phone at 6am est it promted me for an update. I did the update, took about 5 minutes. Now my phone says firmware version:2.2.1, build # FROYO.EC05
not sure if this is the update people are looking for

There we have it. Our 1st confirmed OTA update.

May I ask how is everything working?

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow your very first post its about being the first to confirm the ota of froyo. I'm not sure whether to be jealous or skeptical

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow your very first post its about being the first to confirm the ota of froyo. I'm not sure whether to be jealous or skeptical

And he just made an account, 1 post hmm, but this isn't really the type of forum to make such accusations i suppose. I dunno, but hopefully we will start seeing the updates soon either way. Tired of my 4g being all over the place and my keyboard lagging.

markv20

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Like I said im no expert so excuse my ignorance. So far everything seems fine. Im at work so I havent had too much time to mess around with things. Battery seems to be draining a bit faster than normal but that could just be my imagination. Phone itself seems a little quicker scrolling through things like photos etc. Downloaded flash from the marketplace, installed fine. Any other questions go ahead and ask, ill answer them to the best of my ability.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Actually the 2nd. I count the son that contacted his father with a text. There was no reason for him to lie.

markv20

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And he just made an account, 1 post hmm, but this isn't really the type of forum to make such accusations i suppose. I dunno, but hopefully we will start seeing the updates soon either way. Tired of my 4g being all over the place and my keyboard lagging.

Think what you may, Im at work and I have better things to do with my time than make up stories. I lurk on a dozen forums without posting, thats just what I do. I posted because I was trying to help and let people know I recieved my update this morning, not to be accused of making things up...

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually the 2nd. I count the son that contacted his father with a text. There was no reason for him to lie.

Your honor, objection, hearsay is not admissable as evidence.

Seriously though, as the others said, we should start seeing more soon following the pattern of the last update, thats if everything is as planned.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Your honor, objection, hearsay is not admissable as evidence.

Seriously though, as the others said, we should start seeing more soon following the pattern of the last update, thats if everything is as planned.

I'm sure hoping this is the case, I'd say we have waited long enough, just for Froyo. If anything, Samsung and Sprint should have given us Gingerbread for waiting this long.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Ya, i love the Epic, really love the Samsung hardware but they are too far behind and too inconsistant for me when it comes to the software. Will likely make the jump to the Evo 3D although I'm sure I'll want to smash it at first while I get used to not having a hardware keyboard for the first time. Won't say I would never get Samsung again, but they would have to blow away the competition for me to go with them. The Epic should have shipped with Froyo to really make a splash in the market.

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or has the phone on stock been acting like crap for a few days surrounding the announcement and release date

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699