Gingerbread in the next couple of days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Samsung said that the Galaxy S would be getting Gingerbread by mid May. Well....here we are. Do you think they will make good on their word? (LOL)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Samsung said that the Galaxy S would be getting Gingerbread by mid May. Well....here we are. Do you think they will make good on their word? (LOL)
I think were close but judging from this last build its really hard to say.. The few bugs I've noticed are very minor and then again I haven't looked through the 100 pages over at XDA on it.

I think end of May or sometime early June is a very good possibility but not gonna happen ATM.

Honestly I think Sprint/Sammy have really pulled it together finally on this last build.. ED12 wasn't bad but still had much left to be fixed and EE03 really pulled things together.

boomerbubba

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

When Gingerbread does roll out, dont't expect it to happen on the Epic or other U.S. variants immediately, but on Asian and European phones that run the reference model Galaxy S. That was the history with the initial release (Eclair) and then with Froyo.

Kite09

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
They say May I say December. With Froyo they announced I believe September of last year that the Epic would get it, then it was supposed to be December, then March which they promptly recalled, then finally April. I say don't hold your breath waiting for Samsung to release gingerbread you may just pass out.

dlcraft

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
With the long delay of Froyo, I hope everyone already knows and isn't really expecting this to happen soon. I am guessing here and going to say maybe sometime this summer to early fall at the earliest, I just don't think they have any reason to get this out any sooner but, it would be nice if they did.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
With the long delay of Froyo, I hope everyone already knows and isn't really expecting this to happen soon. I am guessing here and going to say maybe sometime this summer to early fall at the earliest, I just don't think they have any reason to get this out any sooner but, it would be nice if they did.

Thanks Debbie! Your last name IS Downer is it not?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Its being realistic. The release from the 3rd is FAR from final. We had Leaked Froyo since November and they didn't release a final build until February... and a buggy one at that.
Well I think it will be closer than we think.. I just got out of a IRC chat with I guess you could say a meeting of the minds of devs/modders etc and some were talking very openly about stuff.. and some interesting things being said about official GB. Some good and others not good...

Lets just say sounds like the carriers are locking down GB a bit tighter than the freedom of hacking we had with Froyo/Eclair.

Status
Not open for further replies.