Any Problems With Charging Since JB?

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So since I've updated I've noticed that my phone will barely charge. I have to plug it in and play with it for it to take charge. I've been at it about 20 minutes and its 2:4am and it won't work. Anyone else having this problem. BTW, it has not been dropped or messed up in any way. It just won't charge properly u less I power it off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed any problems with mine when charging on or off.
Weird.

Have you tried a different charger plug?

Mav. :cool:

eweezzyyyy

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem but it was a usb that bought and not the one that came with it. When I charge it using the original usb I don't have any problems. I do get the non gnex charger to work but I do have to play with it a little and once it does catch a charge it moves pretty slow.

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So it was something Sprint had sent to the wives sang my phone. They did some OTA update & now it works. ! Yay!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Bland Guy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had this same problem. It's not a cable/charging problem since the phone will charge when powered off. In fact, I can plug in the charger when the phone is on, see that it's not charging, power the phone off, and see that it starts charging. Same charger and I didn't even unconnect the cable. I had this problem for a couple weeks, then it went away (phone charged like it was supposed to). Then, it came back again two days ago. It would only charge when I powered-down the phone.

Then, today, I was experimenting and pulled the USB cable out of the little block that plugs into the wall, and I stuck the USB into my laptop (phone connected and powered-on the whole time). The laptop went crazy with repeated messages about an invalid USB device. I unplugged it, waited a few seconds, and plugged it back into the laptop again. The Galaxy Nexus was recognized by my laptop this time like it's supposed to be. Plus, it was charging! When I then unplugged the USB from the laptop and re-plugged it back into the little wall-brick, the phone recognized that the charger was connected and it started charging.

There is NO WAY that this problem is not a software issue. Hardware problems don't manifest themselves like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress