Android 4.1.2: How Long Before We Get The Update?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Title says it all guys, how long do you think it'll be before it's pushed? It took 3 months for us to get Jelly Bean, grant you that Jelly Bean was a huge update to the system, but this update is only around 32MBs if I'm not mistaken so surely it won't take that long. I'm predicting about 2 weeks, what say you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
For the Sprint version? I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we saw the update in less than 2 months :)

I hope your prediction comes true!

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Man, 2 months would be a ridiculous amount of time to wait for such a relatively small update. I hope I'm right too as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Chill. Sprint already released binaries for it to Google for AOSP. If you want it, build it.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus.

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Chill. Sprint already released binaries for it to Google for AOSP. If you want it, build it.

Binaries are being posted for toroplus? I thought sprint was keeping their binaries locked up...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Where did you see that Sprint released those? That's why we had to wait so long do Jelly Bean is because they wouldn't release the binaries. That's also the reason why Google can't release factory images for us.

Sent from my LG E960

anon(757864)

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I want just the launcher will it worm in stock 4.1.1? 4.1.2 roms don't seem to work right yet they seem to have forgotten to add binaries for camera and gps

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Give devs some time. More binaries were added after the first day. Maybe the camera and GPS binaries aren't far behind. Also, the 4.1.1 binaries for camera and GPS can be merged with the newer binaries and it will work just fine.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well this is really a good sign for the development community. If Sprint was cool enough to finally release those binaries then maybe they will finally work out their differences with Google and get AOSP build support instead of having to hack together and jump thru hoops to build from official source.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well this is really a good sign for the development community. If Sprint was cool enough to finally release those binaries then maybe they will finally work out their differences with Google and get AOSP build support instead of having to hack together and jump thru hoops to build from official source.

Paul, let me tell you...these new AOSP ROMs that have come out in the last couple of days with those new binaries are awesome. Everything works just like it should, so happy to see this from Sprint. I am still confused as to what it "for reference only" means in regards to this.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint posted the new binaries very quickly!

If this is the new standard - Doesn't this mean faster official OTA updates?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sprint posted the new binaries very quickly!

If this is the new standard - Doesn't this mean faster official OTA updates?

I hope that means the our Nexus is finally being supported in AOSP. Hopefully within the next little bit it will be fully supported. :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Paul, let me tell you...these new AOSP ROMs that have come out in the last couple of days with those new binaries are awesome. Everything works just like it should, so happy to see this from Sprint. I am still confused as to what it "for reference only" means in regards to this.

I agree.. I can't wait for the next updated build of AOKP for the Sprint Gnex.. I'm currently running build 4.

This is indeed a very good sign, maybe Sprint will finally let it loose and give us true AOSP support so building from source will be a breeze..

I've built quite a few times on the NS4G my old device and would really look forward to doing it on the Sprint Gnex.