I... Got... Hacked!

Montro Ltd

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
So I usually don't like to bother anyone on these forums. If I have a question I usually check to see if it's already been answered, but today I need my fellow Droids to help me.

Long story short, I got hacked and lost ALL of my pics and info! Yes, I had them backed up, but I no longer trust this device and I wanted to know if anyone could inform me on how to wipe out my device completely instead is paying Sprint $50 to do it. I have no insurance so they want to charge me to basically wipe the device out and start all over. Help! Ayuden!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but it's my GNex that got hacked. Not my Epic 4G. Sprint is saying to take it to a store to do a "hard reset" and diagnostic for $50. Is that even an option at this point?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Yes... That guide is the sticky for restoring your Nexus back to stock using ODIN.
Big orange words at the top ;)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Totally overlooked it. Thank you so much for the help. :):beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

It's all good. Gekko suggested the built in "wipe". I opted to go with Odin method, as we don't know what got onto your device, and if it was able to use a root exploit and put files in /system the built in wipe won't remove those. You don't need to choose the latest/greatest version either, it'll OTA to the newest version afterwards.