No LTE in Minneapolis...so..My Note 2 will be 3G...Correct?

12smile

May 15, 2010
Visit site
No SPRINT LTE in Minneapolis...so..My Note 2 will be 3G...Correct?

I'm on Original EVO and I've got good 4G...do a LOT of streaming. Use the phone for laptop internet w/ PDAnet app.

Note will not NOT run on Wimax/ 4G ONLY LTE. So How long will I have to wait?

I checked the detailed coverage maps on both Sprint and Verison websites and Verison has massively outpaced Sprint

in LTE coverage.

I may jump ship to Verison I signed up w/ Sprint in 2000 because they had the Samsung I-300 the first smartphone w/ Palm OS and a stylus.

The Note 2 seems like the 'end of the Rainbow' after starting w/ that device that I think had 256 colors.

Question for Smart Guys:

How long do I have to wait for LTE in Minneapolis if I want to stay with Sprint?

TIA.samsung-a300.jpg

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
it sure will, so it'll be a waste. Thats why I'm headed to Vz when its released, no 4GLTE, no me. Sprint I'm done witcha! Pay my final bill, and then sell my SIII to pay the $200 ETF...

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm one of those people who don't mind the wait for Sprint's LTE to roll out; I have really good 3G coverage, and I'm on WiFi the majority of the time anyway. But if you're coverage is poor and LTE is important to you, nobody can fault you for wanting to jump ship! :cool:

daryllh

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Rumors and talk are April 2013 for start of LTE in Minneapolis Metro, completed by early fall 2013. I could be wrong on the dates but I know it's not going to be this year.

12smile

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I do remember when...???wimax 4G???? was first rolled out in Minneapolis and the first spot was on Washington Ave just north of 35-w.....you had a clear view of all the tallest buildings in DT.

I can live with 3G till sping.

I'd rather not jump to Verison ( stream CONSTANTLY....radio & Slingbox) and I like having a couple of my old sprint phones as backups.

Can't wait for Note 2.

:O