My Galaxy Note 2 Keeps Rebooting

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Mine was doing it, especially when I would copy/paste for some reason. So, I did a factory reset, haven't had the problem since (10 days or so). A buddy just told me his started doing it... when he would click copy to paste...

Not sure what the glitch is, but I would suggest a reset.

kwinnie

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
mine is the same in the recent one week. with latest firmware. not rooted.
no special steps to reproduce issue. it just reboots spontaneously. can be a few times within 30 mins

is it firmware related issue, as one week before it s totally normal

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
My note2 kept rebooting.
After reading this thread I realized that I might have dropped the phone once or twice and also might have lightly crushed it a few times by sitting on it or packing it a computer bag that was too full. I assume that I had a loose battery connection even though the phone was new. I took the battery, extSD card and SIM card out and reinstalled them to ensure that all had good connection. This appears to have solved my rebooting issue. :)

airaf ali

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
if your note is restarting then just make a back up of every thing on your phone using kies and copy important things from your internal and usb storage an reset your device
for resetting just goto menu and select settings
in settings select backup and reset and check Format usb storage and then click on reset device after reset restore all of your data
it worked on my ones :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lawrence D

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Don't know if you ever got this sorted but I've just sent mine off for repair and a friend of mine told me today that he corrected the same issue by reformatting and remounting his sd card. It seems the problem was caused by corruption on his card rather than the phone. He copied all the card contents onto his pc first and copied them back after a format so didn't lose anything. I wish I'd spoken to him sooner but maybe this will help others?
Cheers

Lee Potta

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I had the same problem with constant rebooting and crashing.
How I fixed the problem:: first thing I did was order an exchange of the phone but then realised I should try and pinpoint the problem to prevent the same occurring on my new phone. After hours of tinkering I found that un installing the 'allshare update' solved the problem. I havent had any reboots or problems since. Just go to app management in settings and un install. Note:: disable the auto update on google play first otherwise it will just keep reinstalling... im no wiz at tech so should be easy... hope this helps!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all. I had the same problem with constant rebooting and crashing.
How I fixed the problem:: first thing I did was order an exchange of the phone but then realised I should try and pinpoint the problem to prevent the same occurring on my new phone. After hours of tinkering I found that un installing the 'allshare update' solved the problem. I havent had any reboots or problems since. Just go to app management in settings and un install. Note:: disable the auto update on google play first otherwise it will just keep reinstalling... im no wiz at tech so should be easy... hope this helps!

dominiej

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok hey. It's been a while and I forgot about this thread! I totally went and exchanged the phone and it's worked perfectly. I must've had a lemon.

Lawrence D

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I thought I should update the thread for any users experiencing similar. I sent my phone off for repair and something was done although phones4u couldnt give me specifics. The salesman seemed to think they might have replaced the mother board and I know it got a new fascia because there were no scratches and a plastic protector on the home button. Any way, it worked fine when I got it back but when I started installing apps etc it started rebooting again. One of the two things below solved the problem:
1. I transferred everything off the sd card onto pc and reformatted the card as fat 32. Then transferred the files back on the card.
2. I got a software update from samsung
As these two things happened at the same time I dont know what stopped the problem but my phone is working perfectly at the moment with zero issues.
Cheers
Lawrence

J_Carr30

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
DON'T EVER DO AN UPDATE IF THE SYSTEM ASKS YOU TOO!!! I did an update and now my phone is rebooting. The Sprint Store had to order me another phone because they could not fix the problem.

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine was fine after the 4.3 update (stock) but a bit laggy. So I finally went and did a full back up and a factory reset on my phone. Fixed the lag issue, everything runs greats. But...now its occasionally doing the reboot on me. *sigh*.

LouRay Robinson

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So I went through numerous threads and pieced 3 or 4 fixes together that saved my data and put me back into a normal state for my Note 2.

My phone just randomly started rebooting every 5 minutes about 24 hours after downloading some apps that made me run out of storage. I deleted all those apps, more apps, things I didn't need, pictures, it didn't matter. I did the cache refresh and everything else I found online, no dice... Finally the 3 steps below worked!

Fixed:
1) First I rebooted into safe mode by holding down the volume down button during the start up animation. Phone never rebooted again and worked like a flash (only standard apps will work, but at least that got me home with my GPS).
2) Downloaded Kies 3 and backed up all of my data (I backed up only the apps I needed since that seemed to be the issue... you can back up all or none (I recommend none) and when you refresh your phone, just leave the apps off until you get everything working.
3) Reset my phone and guess what... I forgot that everything was backed up to both Samsung and Chrome and even though I was aggravated because it downloaded all the apps I wanted deleted, the phone has been fine ever since. I had about 24 hours of text messages missing, and a few apps never came back, but that's about it. Voicemail was gone, but that's backed up on Keis so who cares and everything else was on my card. I never went back to Kies since I pretty much had everything I needed. But it's there if something else happens!

kazzamillie

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes..I too have that problem. I have turned off BT and deleted all non essential aps as well as inserted a card beneath the battery to tighten the fit. Fingers crossed it may have stopped. Tired of looking in facebook, utube and it reboots in the middle I also noticed when it does this that on the tool bar is a circle with a slash through it. What does this mean???? Fed up

ubigred

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes..I too have that problem. I have turned off BT and deleted all non essential aps as well as inserted a card beneath the battery to tighten the fit. Fingers crossed it may have stopped. Tired of looking in facebook, utube and it reboots in the middle I also noticed when it does this that on the tool bar is a circle with a slash through it. What does this mean???? Fed up
Send Screenshot, I can help

BrandiBryan4

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
And it's @#$%ing annoying! Does anyone else have this probelm? I've had this thing since Nov. 21st and I'm starting to rethink this thing or maybe exchanging it for a new one.

It will literally be 15 minutes on the dot sometimes. I'll be watch Youtube or Netflix or browsing the web and bam! It reboots. Then it does it again exactly 15 minutes later.

I've done a factory reset, but it's already rebooted once. I started a log once it started happening regularly (before the factory reset - attached)

View attachment 48461

I've got a SPH-L900 (version L900.09) running stock Android 4.1.1 (build JRO03C.L900VPALJC). I'm either thinking it's the device or some app I've downloaded?

Is anyone else seeing their device reboot regularly?

BrandiBryan4

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
And it's @#$%ing annoying! Does anyone else have this probelm? I've had this thing since Nov. 21st and I'm starting to rethink this thing or maybe exchanging it for a new one.

It will literally be 15 minutes on the dot sometimes. I'll be watch Youtube or Netflix or browsing the web and bam! It reboots. Then it does it again exactly 15 minutes later.

I've done a factory reset, but it's already rebooted once. I started a log once it started happening regularly (before the factory reset - attached)

View attachment 48461

I've got a SPH-L900 (version L900.09) running stock Android 4.1.1 (build JRO03C.L900VPALJC). I'm either thinking it's the device or some app I've downloaded?

Is anyone else seeing their device reboot regularly?

Mine does this as well help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo