My only complaint - Email app

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I simply cannot get this email application to consistently work well with my Yahoo! email account. After a while, it simply stops syncing altogether. I then have to remove and read the account to get it back to a functional state. But that generally only last a few days before I have to do it again. Also, It will not sync my Sent folder at all. Lastly, even when I remove emails from my trash folder on my phone those emails are still in my trash folder when I check my email on my laptop. I had NONE of these problems with my 3VO. Other than the issues with the email app, this is the best phone I have ever owned. I just wish this worked. And I know people will suggest using the Yahoo! mail application, but I have tried it and personally, I don't care for it.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried K9? How give that a whirl. I used it before I ultimately forwarded all my multiple email accounts to Gmail.

Sent via Tapatalk.

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Now that you mention it, I have heard of that but never tried it. I'll give it a try. I really just wish the stock app would just work the way it used to on my 3VO :-(

Thanks.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
This is the way to go. Using one program for all your accounts is nice.

I have 3 different company personas that I have to portray, each having a unique email address and signature. I will need to use 2 different Exchange accounts and a couple imap accounts. I hope this works, with the stock app, K9, don't care which app I use.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I've used K9 for a long time with my last 3 smartphones. I liked it but recently had to add an Exchange account. K9 doesn't work well with Exchange accounts. I had to use the stock email app to add the Exchagne account, which worked fine. I am not a big fan of the stock app but it will do for now.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've used K9 for a long time with my last 3 smartphones. I liked it but recently had to add an Exchange account. K9 doesn't work well with Exchange accounts. I had to use the stock email app to add the Exchagne account, which worked fine. I am not a big fan of the stock app but it will do for now.

K9 (as well as its enhanced older sibling, Kaiten) work fine with Exchange 2003/2007. Newer versions give it trouble.

I have used Touchdown, which is an all around nice app that I used with Novel Groupwise.

Maildroid also works for exchange.

Sent via Tapatalk.