GSam Battery Monitor

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I installed this application and I noticed Facebook was awake 290 times and Samsung push 271 and android system 218 times. Those are the most applications that awake that much. Just wondering if that's normal? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

USMC97

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I installed this application and I noticed Facebook was awake 290 times and Samsung push 271 and android system 218 times. Those are the most applications that awake that much. Just wondering if that's normal? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

USMC97
Is it draining your battery? If so, you could prevent Samsung push and Facebook from doing this by setting the refresh or notification interval to manual, rather than push.
I don't use the apps so I wouldn't know if it happens often, but they seem to common and easy to fix for the most part.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those wakelocks don't seem abnormal. What's more important is how much battery they're reported as using. But I agree with UJ95x--changing refresh intervals to manual (or to the longest interval available) will cut down on the number of times that an app will wake the phone up to do something (like checking the web to update data).

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
It's not draining the battery. I can usually get 30 to 36 hrs using it moderate . I've got Facebook to sync every 6 hours. Just a little curious about it. I'm trying to learn this GSam Battery application. Thanks for the feedback.

USMC97