Email client

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I heard the email client on the Galaxy S2 does not have the option to select all your emails and delete them at the same time. Does anyone know if the epic touch has the same issue?

mike44pl

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I heard the email client on the Galaxy S2 does not have the option to select all your emails and delete them at the same time. Does anyone know if the epic touch has the same issue?

If the issue is true on European GS2 phones (I don't know because I never played around with the phone), then it will likely persist on the US version because it is the same software.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a Samsung issue as my wife's epic 4G and stepson's Infuse does not have the option to select, and delete multiple emails.

Last edited:

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I heard about the same issue in a pocketnow video. It pretty much seals it that I won't be able to use samsung email client then, as I receive lot of unwanted emails which don't always get filtered as span and ability to select multiple emails and be able to delete them is must.

My another concern is that european GS2 did not draw/refresh home screen quickly enough for a smooth experience when going back to home from an app [see this video @ 14:20].. I just hope Sprint GSII would have some software tweaks and hope further that this is just a TW4.0 issue!!!

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thats weird because we have that now on the GS1 so why take that out. Maybe they fix that issue or theires something is the settings. It looks to take 5+ seconds to delete but its also refreshing so it might be looking for new email and thats why it takes a little long to delete...

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about deleting everything or selecting multiple individual emails and deleting them together?

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about deleting everything or selecting multiple individual emails and deleting them together?

If this was for me ? Yes . On my Epic i can open my email and it has little boxes on the side to tap and delete multiple emails but in the video the GSII does not have it.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
MailDroid. Works great for me, and there's a free version too.

MailDroid is good substitute email app and it has the option to select all emails, and delete them at once. The only option I did not see is the option to not delete the emails on the server, but I can work with it. It was also very easy to setup.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
k9 mail is also good. also it makes ur emails show up instantly like gmail, but it also consumes more battery bc it constantly polling.