Reasons you dont want the Epic 4g Touch

kr8er

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
im planning on getting this phone but i dont want to regret getting it so i decided to open a thread for people to list all the things they dont like about this phone and reasons why people are thinking twice about getting it

atl10pnr

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting it but don't like that it's not WebOS. Also wish it had a real keypad. Other than those 2 things nothing wrong that I can see.

tgaskill

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Also wish it had a real keypad.

I thought the same thing when I skipped the Evo for the Epic. While I love my Epic, I don't use the physical keyboard enough to insist that my next phone has one. I'm planning on getting the SGSIIE4GT when it's released.

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to go ahead and test this one out...never been a big Sammy fan but this phone could change that...if it doesn't live up to the hype hopefully the iPhone 5 is released soon after and I'll be trading it in... I love Android software but there's no competition when it comes to Apple hardware

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ayman86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
i made a preorder on wirefly but canceled that one to make a preorder on letstalk (4 dollars more for overnight shipping) but then i reconsidered and im gonna cancel it because id rather wait til the iphone5 and prime come out so i can see what it is. im currently with an evo3d and its pretty good as it is. id rather not waste my upgrade and be stuck with the same technology i already have. id rather save it for the next tier. so i might wait for the sgs3 if need be. evo3d should tie me over til at least to the summer.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Takes too long to say the name - Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch :p

But really because I don't have Sprint anymore :'(

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Takes too long to say the name - Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch :p

But really because I don't have Sprint anymore :'(

Yeah, the name is ridiculous. Would love to see the execs that sat around the table and where like, that's a great name.........

Anyway, I am going to rename my phone when I get it. Wait for it, here it goes....... I am going to call it the Samsung Galaxy S2!

I encourage everyone else to do the same, it just makes you sound smarter!

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I love Android software but there's no competition when it comes to Apple hardware

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

In my opinion this statement is backwards.

Apple is usually the choice due to software certainly not hardware. I mean Apple is usually bested in the hardware area shortly after release, assuming it had a hardware lead at all. Apple is usually the choice for the non-tech/gadget person that just want's a phone or computer to work and could care less about it being customizable. They want stable and easy...this to me is the only thing Apple has going for it.

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Lousy GPS? I used my friends Infuse the other day and it's GPS is very slow when compared to my EVO. Is Samsung this bad at GPS or is HTC that good?

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion this statement is backwards.

Apple is usually the choice due to software certainly not hardware. I mean Apple is usually bested in the hardware area shortly after release, assuming it had a hardware lead at all. Apple is usually the choice for the non-tech/gadget person that just want's a phone or computer to work and could care less about it being customizable. They want stable and easy...this to me is the only thing Apple has going for it.
I think he meant design. Apple spends a lot of time & money on it. Android manufacturers? Not so much.

dr_elusive

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
While i will likely end up with this phone, I am concerned about the size, it might be bigger then i like. Also it will be hard for me to convert from WebOS. I have used android before and i do like it. I just like WebOS better. Also i hear Samsung is slow with updates. If that's true it will annoy me. My last phone (pre) got Ignored after release.

Dr.

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
As a consumer we really only have one way of voicing our opinions to a manufacturer. That is to purchase their product or not. I am really displeased with Samsung or the US carries (not sure who’s to blame) for making us wait so long while the rest of the civilized world gets the GS2. Then they bring us an enlarged version that I'm not really as pleased to see as the original.

This phone is currently the best phone on the US market and I need a new phone. I'd prefer to not cast my vote in favor of screwing the US market but I have few remaining options.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Lousy GPS? I used my friends Infuse the other day and it's GPS is very slow when compared to my EVO. Is Samsung this bad at GPS or is HTC that good?

I think all the first generation Galaxy S's had GPS issues. The Galaxy SII does not. Some videos show it locking on faster than other devices next to it.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm going with it but a little worried.
Its been investigated & found to be sporting the Scorpion chipset that's known to self destruct after 120 days of solid use.
Am I scared? Yes
Should you be? I don't care

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non