How to Increase Sprint Epic 4G Touch 3G & 4G Data Speeds

yupyup24

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Everything works but when I go to change my settings I enter in all the values i.e. 0.0.0.0 and it wont actually change. I enter them all and press back to go to home, do it all over again and the values are always the stock ones. I click on them and they show the new values but as soon as I click ok and view them all they are the stock settings. What am I doing wrong?

rb2330

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work for me. It actually cut my speeds in half. I ran multiple speed tests stock and modified and it was 50% less every time. Any thoughts?
I'm in Gilbert, AZ

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I did these same settings and it didnt do anything. At least not as far as i can tell. I am not in a very good signal area right now to be able to test it.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I did these same settings and it didnt do anything. At least not as far as i can tell. I am not in a very good signal area right now to be able to test it.
It is a strange thing. For many, it works like a charm. For others nothing. And for others it actually reduces signal.

Just try it and see if it helps you.

saulleibow

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Just followed your very detailed instructions from the very first post, WHAT a difference, went from 500 download speed to 2100 !!! I thought the browser was fast before, now it's amazing.

Thanks for the help

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I live in a pretty bad 3g area but THANK YOU so very much for this!! I went from .25 to a full 1.0 in the speed test app and makes a world of difference for web browsing. I'm pretty ecstatic Thanks again!

Change

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried this on my Evo 4G and connectbot tells me "permission denied"...

Stock Evo, not sure what the problem is.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

jbc28

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Wow....I just did this to my new epic. Outstanding!

SC20120227-203845.png

mklemick

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did this on my Photon and it does work, the biggest improvment is that music apps stream with less buffer. My speeds are up to aroung 1200k down and 650k up, but that is early AM. As soon as the network gets stressed they are way down to around 200k down and 200k up. I am in Raleigh NC and have 4g also and did the db tweak, that seems to help pull a signal better also.

Sprints network is just over burdened, been with them more than 10 years and has gotten worse over the years.

jbc28

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Know what's sad.....in reality and compared to all other carriers, those speeds are pitiful.

I agree. I have been noticing a huge slowdown for a while. I drive into Birmingham, AL each day. In the mornings (5am) the speeds are decent, but in the afternoon they are absolutely terrible. Further out of the city the speeds pick back up again. It's frustrating. I would swap to Verizon, but my 4 lines on a Sprint employee referral rate are too cheap to give up at the moment.

FWIW, the speeds were just as bad with my EVO too.

I had mixed results today. Speeds in BHM this afternoon were just as horrible, but everywhere else they have at least doubled or tripled. No impact on battery that I can see.

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried the changes and as others have said it actually brought my speeds down. Also, it was killing my battery. A problem I wasn't having before on my 4g touch. Anyone notice that? It cut my battery life almost in half.

jevfr

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
i get to black box and type in the getprop mil.MSL and nothing shows - i cant get the msl #

I had to use the samsung keyboard for it to show on mine. When I used A.I. type it wouldn't show up.
Everything worked great for me and my 3g speeds have at least doubled.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
i get to black box and type in the getprop mil.MSL and nothing shows - i cant get the msl #

That's because it's supposed to be getprop ril.MSL give that a try. I was having the same problem. I don't know if it changed with the el29 update as I could have sworn the mil.MSL worked for me in the past as well. But changing the mil to ril worked for me this morning.

wizholt7

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Idk if this has already been stated, cuz I don't want to read through all 14 pages, but renaming the values to 0 didn't work for me (was only getting 50kbps d/l), however, clearing all the values and leaving them blank pushed it up to ~250kbps :) which is good for my area lol

Drudamis

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried it out in North Phoenix and it didn't seem to work. I will run more tests and see if I can't figure this out. The default settings weren't very good, but when i changed everything it seemed to half the speed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87