Phone froze on me twice today after using Monoprice HDMI MHL adap

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Think I may return the adapter today, hopefully it didn't damage the phone. I received the HDMI/MHL adapter during my lunch break and wanted to test it out. Playback looked amazing from a video I shot yesterday in a thunderstorm then I tried a 1080P movie trailer and the screen, except for the status bar, went black. Phone stopped responding and I had to hold down the power button until it rebooted. I tried it again when I got home to show my fiance and it did fine while connected. I tried to open my phone to stream music on Kies to my computer and no lock screen showed when I tried just showed my home screen and was locked/froze wouldn't respond to touch or turn off manually. Had to pull the battery and won't be reconnecting to the adapter. Has anyone else had an issue like this happen to them? This phone has been solid, great battery, no hiccups, good signal(No difference from EVO), great WI-FI(20mbps UP, 20mbps DOWN), exceptional camera for a phone or otherwise. I loved my EVO but switched to this off contract after having the EVO lock up and reboot everytime I used the stock camera app. This panicked the hell out of me, Monoprice came highly recommended so I hope the adapter wouldn't cause the issue.

Thanks

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone froze on me twice today after using Monoprice HDMI MHL

I've gotten other Monoprice adapters and cables before and haven't had any problems with their low-priced products before.
I did order a MHL adapter through Amazon but haven't had the chance to try it out yet. I'll give mine a try within the next few days and will see if mine freezes too.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

I got the HTC MHL adapter and haven't had any issues with it.

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Just tried mine, a Menotek branded one, and it seems to work without affecting the phone. Played youtube videos, viewed photos, websites and even played Nova. The only issue I had was when playing if I moved the cables around too much the signal can get interrupted. Also when using the camera app it shows the notice saying to view the app on the phone, wonder why that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress