Screen is going crazy

jodymcl

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Galaxy S2 since the launch date with Sprint. Haven't had a single problem with it until today. I have remodeled my office so I can finally work in it. I have my phone sitting on the desk with my computer. For some reason in this room, the touchscreen just goes crazy, as if I was randomly moving around the touch screen. I can't text, it opens applications..bat this thing is.

Has anyone noticed touchscreen issues with the amount of sunlight that enters a room? Air conditioning? Heat?

I am at a loss here, I can't replicate at the sprint store. I had to remove my pattern unlock screen because in my office i couldn't even unlock the phone.

Just throwing this out there.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you have it plugged into the charger? Lots of reports about the screen acting crazy on the stock charger. Seems some units may have shipped with defective charging bases.

jodymcl

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I had it plugged into a usb port on my computer. I have since moved back into the living room and now the phone is fine, still plugged into the computer. I have remodeled my office and now can't use my phone....ugh...think sprint will replace it? I even recorded what it does on my flip.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
My old droid incredible used to go batty under one light. It made the trackpad move. Sounds bizzare but it only used to happen to me in one room. Can you try a different kind of light or light bulb and see if that helps?

jodymcl

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have any lights on, I had mild sunlight coming through the curtains. No different than the rest of the house.

I am going to go to the sprint store tonight and see what they say.

JStu313

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Any follow up on this issue? My phone just started doing the same thing this morning. It was fine on my way in to work using the car charger, but when I plug it in in my office, the touchscreen is going crazy. Works fine when it's unplugged. I've only had the phone just over a week. I may have to make a trip into Sprint as well.

Edit: Just found the bigger discussion about the issue here Looks like it might be related to the charger.

Last edited:

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this all over the forum... it's the cable, try a different one.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk.