phone purchased off ebay. possible hacker?

debitsohn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi, i purchased my E4GT on ebay a month or so back. i was kinda iffy on the seller but when i got the phone everything looks perfect. so i didnt think anything of it. yes it was stupid of me, i should have wiped the phone. but yesterday out of no where i have two unauthorized charges for cellunlocking services. one for the HTC incredible (which ive never owned) and one for a samsung galaxy sII. could the seller of the phone i bought installed some hacking program to gain access to my paypal? i have logged into paypal from my phone. if so, will a factory wipe get rid of it or do i have to root it?

if not, what else could it be? coincidence? i installed some games that are widely played in the last couple weeks. other than that, i havent opened any weird emails or anything like that. i rarely if ever get any type of virus on my computers. help. im scared.

Nextelian

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
When in doubt, Odin the original ROM back onto the phone. Unless there is some seriously low-level code written right onto the chipset nothing will survive an Odin wipe. Be sure to wipe the internal storage as well, more than once!

I was hoping to be able to send you a link to instructions, but apparently XDA has decided to join Wikipedia in their protest of whatever it is that got under their bonnet.