Official - I Received the ICS OTA Update!! Thread

LmaoDallas

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just manually upgraded and switched to Sprint ID immediately to enable stock ICS. Never thought Sprint ID would EVER come in handy, but it did for once. Now I'll never touch it again. But I do approve of the manual upgrade (not that my approval matters or anything, lol). But seriously, it's super easy and I had absolutely no troubles at all. I instantly love my phone again! :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

efmw113

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Got notice yesterday and upgraded via Kies. Now the "resident" email app wont display the emails (Gmail app works fine though). Any way to repair? Hope I dont have to reinstall ICS; not exactly tech savy.
AT&T Galaxy S2

Edit: krap! Just realized this was a OTA thread. Can anyone direct me to where I should post this issue?

~Bryan

Settings > Applications > All > Email > Clear Data

Reactions: bfxtrfcmgr

bleedpurplegold

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
i dont have a pc right now and i keep getting unsuccessful download when downloading from my phone. im stock and not rooted. any one have different link for manual update without a pc?

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I just finished updating manually. I started out by downloading the zip from QBKing77's video straight to my phone, used Astro file manager to move it and rename it, and it wouldnt update. So I fired up my laptop and downloaded it from the link here and didnt rename it and it worked. I did have to clear the data on my Swype, which sucks because I had a lot of saved words there. Gmail and everything else seems to work well. Battery life...we will see.

I love most of ICS, as I am using it on my HP TouchPad (in conjunction with webOS), but I dont like the fact that I cant make folders in the app drawer like you can in Go Launcher Pro. That may be one of the few things that cause me to ditch the stock ICS launcher and go elsewhere.

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The manual update takes all of 5min, ppl are waiting for reviews on this that and the other thing. Good luck. If there are any "real" issues, a update update will be sent out within a few days anyway...

Spictorious

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Here in the NYC metro and haven't received the ICS update notification...system update menus continue to come up empty.

That said, I have fully functional apps no longer available on Google Play. Will they survive an ICS update?

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
did qbking's manual update trick this morning and worked! sporting ICS now. Been waiting forever for it. Just wish my battery life was better.

sblair1269

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Got the OTA update this morning. Everything seems to be working fine for me. Do I still need to do the factory reset?

EDIT: Battery Life is not so good. Really drinks the juice.

Last edited:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just now got the update. How can i resize the widgets?

I believe that is a feature of using a different home launcher. I have Nova prime on mine and it works great.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded this morning from a push notification.
Everything seems to be ok.. but the bottom dock icons for Phone and Contacts are little Android Icons - how do I get these to show the proper Phone and Contacts icons???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty