Bicycle Bell Sound

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
My assumption is that one of your notification and/or ringtones is not compatible with ICS. I found that my gmail ringtone (which used to be knock knock) only did "one" knock.

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've looked through the phone sound settings, Samsung email settings and Gmail settings. Can't seem to find it.
The gmail settings have my default ring, and the sound plays correctly when an email arrives. There is no sound setup with my samsung email client.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I've looked through the phone sound settings, Samsung email settings and Gmail settings. Can't seem to find it.
The gmail settings have my default ring, and the sound plays correctly when an email arrives. There is no sound setup with my samsung email client.

open your email app, go to account settings, tap on your email account, scroll down, Notification settings--->Select ringtone

Janice Kambarn

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
You are wrong and right about the bicycle bell sound. Yes, it is one of the selections one can make for their email account. But it also rings randomly even when it is not the one selected. It drives me crazy hearing it on my Tab 2, some days it is constant, like today, which is why i've ended up here. I've searched to find out its wereabouts, to no avail.

Stryke_the_Orc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Just go to media/audio and delete the file. Pretty sure it's got bell in the name.

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Leonard Bates

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I went tbrough the complete registration process to help all you people out. My girl friend almost threw myphone out the window over that stupid bell noise. I stumbled acrossed it last nigbt by accident and tbank god cahse it was driving me nuts too. In your email go to settings, then under priority delivery you will find a sound called postman that's the damn bell. Lol if you have any questions do 't asm me cause i'm tired of the dam bell. Anyways good luck.

Vicki e

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the note 3. I have spent a great deal of time putting in my email settings so it won't ring. Going under priority mail and stopping notifications will only do it for priority mail, not all mail. Go to settings, application manager, downloaded, "email notifier". Click on that and remove the notification check.

Settings, application mgr, downloads, email notifier, click on that and uncheck?

Last edited by a moderator:

moalta

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. I have done the steps you suggest but find no "email notifier"after going to application manger, downloaded. I believe I am getting it when I receive email from my live.com account but there is no settings for this account available to me via my Galaxy S3. Thanks.

Nikki van Coller

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and it was not my email or messages.... FINALLY opened everything that could have a notification and it turned out to be messenger... I HOPE! Just did it, so I hope to never hear that stupid ring again!!!

nontechie mama

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I went into the Sound settings of my Samsung Galaxy Avant and selected "email," and then looked into my email address. Sure enough, it was set on Postman AKA annoying bicycle bell sound. It is now on Silent. And I no longer feel like I am going schizo.
:p

Barbara Reese

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the posts. I had the same problem after an email update. I noticed that the GMAIL icon was different. I read a post on how to go to the email settings and uncheck the Notifications box. It is really annoying to get an update that turns on a sound that is not one that you selected.

Max Sommers

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I tried that. Went to email - settings. The only options are Display, Default Display, Priority Sender Settings, Spam Adresses and Delay email sending.

No mention of notifications whatsoever.

I went to Settings, application mgr, downloads - there is no email notifier

Yaaaay! That was it! My sanity is no longer threatened. Why in the name of Beelzebub's testicles can they not put all the notification settings in the same place?

Last edited by a moderator:

hotdjdave

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I think I remember on my Blackberry, I could go to each sound in the sound settings and see what app was associated with it and turn them on and off from there - much easier than trying to go to each app. My daughter says her iPhone is the same way. Would be nice if it was that way using Android - just go to each sound and turn on or off the sound for each associated app.

sunshark

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Gidday, dumb IT bloke from OZ here- If I can fix that damned postman bell, you'll b able to as well. Here's what I did: On my main screen I have 'email', 'Gmail' & 'messenging' apps (or whatever they are known by in the IT world lol). I went with the 'email' one first-1. press the email app 2. Go down the far left and press the button which brings up a list of things [search/folders/sort by/view mode/font size/settings 3. press 'settings' 4.Then I had a couple of user names for me come up under 'General Preferences-added accounts' 5. I touched the first account and then it brought me into 'common settings' 6. scroll down to 'notification settings' 7. you will see 'select ringtone' 7. press this option 8. and there it is- the dreaded 'postman whistle' 9. I changed this ringtone to 'silent' 10. All good now. Repeat for other 'added accounts until you hunt down the postman11. If you can't find the postman on the 'email' app, then repeat the procedure for Gmail & messaging apps. Hope this helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress