Storage Types and Explanation of Each

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon, everyone!

I searched Android Forums already for my question but came up empty-handed....

Can someone expalin what "system storage" and "usb storage" are and what types of storage are found on each? my phone is telling me that i have filled 1.65 gb/1.97gb available on my system storage, and 1.95gb/11.50gb of usb storage. Is there a way to decrease the space filled on my system storage? What will happen to my phone's performance if I keep getting closer to the 1.97gb limit on my system storage?

Thank you all in advance!

FYI, I haven't received the update to ICS yet, if that makes a difference. I'm still running Android 2.3.6, stock.

88cavalierz24

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
system storage is where your apps go, usb is the regular storage for pics/video/music. Both of those are the phones 16gb just partitioned into those 2 spots. If you go to manage apps you should be able to move apps to your sd card(seperate storage) to make more room in your apps partition.

Reactions: Scott_LAN

Scott_LAN

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
88cavalierz24, thank you for your reply. Another question regarding storage..I think it's regarding storage...but when I tried to do the manual update to ICS the other day for my Epic Touch 4g, my computer only recognized the camera on my phone, and not the phone itself, when I connected my phone via usb cable. Do you know why that is, and what I could possibly do to fix that?