Removing the sd card might help with battery life

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I found that removing the SD card is helping with the high 'android os' percentage. I saw this over on xda and tried it and it seems to work. My percentage has dropped to 18% from around 50% and its been holding there for about 3 to 4 hours now. Only question is, can I put it back in or not?
Thanks to nim6us for figuring this out.

Update: almost 6pm and now its down to 13% (android os)

Update: 7am next day....this all of a sudden does not work. Android os up to 56%

Last edited:

foogle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I can live without the SD card. I wonder if we need to do that same trick to reformat the SD Card using the phone again this time to improve battery.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the SD card being the problem.
I took it out last night, took all my pics etc off, formatted it to the phone and reset the phone. Re-added my pics and music.
This morning everything seems to be running great (see pics)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the SD card being the problem.
I took it out last night, took all my pics etc off, formatted it to the phone and reset the phone. Re-added my pics and music.
This morning everything seems to be running great (see pics)

I'm just going to try to unmount the sd card and leave my phone on overnight. Before ICS, my phone would lose 5-7% over 7 hours with wifi on. Now I lose about 25%.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So I just called sprint and they gave me the option of bringing my phone to a repair center or speaking with a tech. I spoke to a tech who told me that they are getting a ton of calls with battery issues. She said that it was the majority of calls they were getting. The strange thing is that she told me the fix was to take it to a repair center and to have them replace the battery. I asked her If they would be doing something to the software or do anything else and she said all they would do is replace the battery and that would fix the problem. I don't see how that's possible but I will visit a repair center next week and see what happens. Anyone else have this experience?

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Replace the battery??? My butt. That won't fix a thing. The OEM battery does not have any sort of chip or anything in it. It's just a battery. I have an aftermarket high capacity battery and am having the same issue. MORONS!!!!!!

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Replace the battery??? My butt. That won't fix a thing. The OEM battery does not have any sort of chip or anything in it. It's just a battery. I have an aftermarket high capacity battery and am having the same issue. MORONS!!!!!!

I know. I kept asking. She made it sound like that was the fix they were suggesting for everyone. I'm sure it depends on who you talk to but at least I know that is what the person I spoke to is telling people. Figure I'll go get my new battery while I wait patiently for a software fix. Ha.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I know. I kept asking. She made it sound like that was the fix they were suggesting for everyone. I'm sure it depends on who you talk to but at least I know that is what the person I spoke to is telling people. Figure I'll go get my new battery while I wait patiently for a software fix. Ha.

Smart man! :D

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So lo and behold, according to sprint's battery test, my battery needs to be replaced. One of the techs said it's probably a combination of ice cream sandwich causing problems and a battery that is almost a year old not holding a charge like it should. The good news is that it's under warranty. The bad news is that dealing with samsung is a pain in the butt. They will replace the battery but I need to send in the old one first. Even the supervisor wouldn't budge. It's the dumbest thing I ever heard. I even told them to charge me for the battery and reverse the charge once I send in the old one and the wouldn't do it. So I'm going to buy a new one from amazon for $15, and then send in to have the bad one replaced. They said it could take 3-5 days for them to get it, 3-5 to diagnose and 3-5 to send a new one. What a stupid policy.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The easiest test to check if there's a problem with your battery is the spin test. Lay it flat on a table and spin it. If it doesn't do anything it's probably good. But if it does spin, it means it's bulging in the middle, which is a sign the battery is damaged and will not hold a proper charge. I had one like that - it would lock up the phone, and after a battery pull, it would drop from 70% to under 6%. It spun like a top.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana