Customs ROMS

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted my phone not to long ago a besides one two minor issues that dont happer anything I really enjoy it. My questions is I was looking at putting a custom rom on the phone like CM9 or something but wanted to see what other people liked useing.

Stearmandriver

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not the expert on this but i just flashed AOKP Milestone 6 a few days ago... LOVING it! You can find the alpha build at xda. So much smoother and faster than stock FF18, and the customization and built in features rock! I've had ok signal using the FF18 modem but the EL29 seems a bit better for my phone. Seems like that issue is different for everyone though, so experiment with modems and see what ya like.

As for battery, I initially had the problems after the stock FF18 update, but fixed them with a combination of cache wiping and a battery pull. I was back to stock GB battery life when I flashed AOKP and my battery is even better on AOKP, and that's using most of its features like the built in weather modules, etc. I honestly think most of the battery issues people are reporting, on any rom, are just battery calibration issues. But that's just me ;-)

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have to say this.... Only you can really know what the best rom for you is. It's all about what you like, how you plan on using your device and what your looking to get out of your device.

If your looking for stability... Stick with a GB/TW based rom.

If your looking for a fast stock Android experience go with a AOSP, AOKP or CM9 based rom.

If you are a risk taker and want to be the envy of all your Android using freinds... Go with a AOSP rom or CM10 Jellybean based rom.

If your going to go the route of a Ics based rom make sure you read up on everything you can about the does and don'ts of flashing them.

My advice to you m8 is to spend some more time reading. I know it's a lot but read through a bunch of rom threads... See what the users are saying.

That's where you will really get your answers.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress