Think well get jelly bean?

Oleyeller

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Article on this in android Central. Think well get this update sometime next year??

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Official from Samsung/Sprint? I really doubt this phone will see it. Unofficial via Cyanogenmod? No doubt about it. Crafty developers are already working hard on it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I always assume these articles refer to the international versions of phones. They always get updates before the US phones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Uglyfido

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I also do not think there will be an official JB update from Sprint. It would be awesome if there was, but I highly doubt there will be. When JB from the CM guys gets stable and mostly official, I will root my phone and install the ROM. :)

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
If Sprint is smart they will do it if only to get more practice at producing these updates...because they suck at it right now!

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Sprint tech told me Samsung provides the firmware and all Sprint does is load it to their servers for the OTA updates. At first I thought Sprint engineers would test it out first but that wasn't true....sigh.....doesn't seem like we'd get Jelly Bean....look how long it to get ICS....Samsung is known for not providing good updates....they just keep putting out newer phones.....

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I had my initial doubts, but it seems that Sprint has really upped their game when it comes to upgrades ever since the intial release of Ice Cream Sandwich. They pulled their defective update pretty fast, and took some time to test the second update before pushing it. And FH13 coming up? At the moment, it looks like Sprint is trying to maintain it's support for this device until it's EOL (End of Life). :D:):D

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think we'll see Jellybean on our device. If not, then at least we'll have some great developers working on it in CM10 or AOSP fashion :)

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm almost sure this phone will become as jelly belly. 4.1 isn't that much of an upgrade from 4.0.4... it's kind of like going from froyo to gingerbread was for the LG optimus. Hopefully without the issues lol. Now for a time span of it? Liking at the time we waited on the ics goodness, it may be next year sometime. Doubtfu we'd see it before 2013.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm almost sure this phone will become as jelly belly. 4.1 isn't that much of an upgrade from 4.0.4... it's kind of like going from froyo to gingerbread was for the LG optimus. Hopefully without the issues lol. Now for a time span of it? Liking at the time we waited on the ics goodness, it may be next year sometime. Doubtfu we'd see it before 2013.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but you went through the Great Optimus S GB fiasco of 2011/12 too?! I share your pain...

I just switched to this phone a couple weeks ago and heard the same thing was happening with this one and the ICS update and I was like FFFFFUUUUUUU........!

On topic: I think we'll get JB...Once Key Lime Pie is out for two months and Lemon Meringue is in the works ;)

Sent from my SPH-D710

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but you went through the Great Optimus S GB fiasco of 2011/12 too?! I share your pain...

I just switched to this phone a couple weeks ago and heard the same thing was happening with this one and the ICS update and I was like FFFFFUUUUUUU........!

On topic: I think we'll get JB...Once Key Lime Pie is out for two months and Lemon Meringue is in the works ;)

Sent from my SPH-D710

You did too? I thought I was the only one over here who came from the OptiS. I hated ZVH, and reverted back to ZVD, then ZVJ and I'm like nah upgrade time. :mad:

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my SPH-D710

Whoas! I had the LG Optimus S as well but rooted my phone to Gingersnap so I didn't have any problems. That was a big frickin mess with that update from froyo to GB. Then my LG ph got stolen. Here I am now with SGII.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Whoas! I had the LG Optimus S as well but rooted my phone to Gingersnap so I didn't have any problems. That was a big frickin mess with that update from froyo to GB. Then my LG ph got stolen. Here I am now with SGII.

I must say tho, I liked the notification through Sprint Zone telling me to prepare for the update. They should've done that for this device as we had nothing to go off of except a leaked article that was highly doubted but true. If they except us to keep Sprint Zone on our phones, they have to do something with the app. And have you guys seen the BoostZone app on the leaked build? Its metro-style was unique but very familar at the same time.

Sent from my SHARP-ADS1 using Android Central Forums