Phone dying. What to back up before taking it to the sprint store? Titanium backup.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, unfortunately my phone has been a huge pain in my ____ the last few weeks. Started off that I was only getting about 10-20kb of download speeds off 3G everywhere I went. Then for the last week or so my phone has been constantly freezing, restarting, shutting down after 30 seconds or so of data use and a number of other issues. Anyways, I'm not sure if there's anything I can do, but I do plan on taking it into a sprint store tomorrow.

I have my phone rooted and have titanium backup pro, but can't seem to figure out what directories to copy off my phone to be able to recover all my titanium backup stuff if I get a new phone. I originally thought titanium would copy its files to my external microSD card, but it doesn't seem to have done that. Also, after this backup, how do I wipe the phone of anything personal that I may potentially have on there?

Thanks everyone for your help!

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, unfortunately my phone has been a huge pain in my ____ the last few weeks. Started off that I was only getting about 10-20kb of download speeds off 3G everywhere I went. Then for the last week or so my phone has been constantly freezing, restarting, shutting down after 30 seconds or so of data use and a number of other issues. Anyways, I'm not sure if there's anything I can do, but I do plan on taking it into a sprint store tomorrow.

I have my phone rooted and have titanium backup pro, but can't seem to figure out what directories to copy off my phone to be able to recover all my titanium backup stuff if I get a new phone. I originally thought titanium would copy its files to my external microSD card, but it doesn't seem to have done that. Also, after this backup, how do I wipe the phone of anything personal that I may potentially have on there?

Thanks everyone for your help!
First off if you could give us a bit more info about your device. Since your rooted, are you running a custom rom, kernel, recovery or any other mods??? There's always the chance its something simple that you could fix by re flashing the rom or something.

On both my Gtab10.1 and ET4G my Titanium backups are at "/storage/sdcard0/TitaniumBackup" but I'm running CM10 on both of my devices and I know the path is different on both 2.3.x and 4.0.x so that my not help you.

I would do a nandroid backup (since your rooted) plus use Titanium Backup. Also I use MyBackUp Root to backup all of my text messages and call logs. Then I would unroot it and do a factory reset (if your on a safe recovery that is) and see if your still having issues.

Now on to your other questions...
Also, if you don't have insurance on your phone, what's the best way to get them to fix it or replace it?
That really depends on what they find wrong with it....

If it ends up being caused by a manufacturers defect, something wherein out or something like that, Sprint could just exchange it with a refurbished ET4G or fix it for like $35. Or they could tell you to call Samsung and talk to them about sending it in for warranty work. That is if your device is less than a year old. If it's more than a year old you'll be on your own with costs.

Just a little note here, my wife's device EVO 4g Slide (or what ever its called) was showing every issue you described in your OP. Took it in to have a tech look at it... and your not going to want to hear this. It ended up being water damage...

We have insurance so it was $100 to replace.

Sent From My GalaxyClass StarShip 10.1/4.1.1(jb)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress