Help with infinite boot loop / lock screen freezing...

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Have a rooted, CWM recovery installed, otherwise stock Sprint GS2. But not the most recent update(s), FL20something? Rooted, it would download, but not install. I was ok with that, phone worked well enough for me.

Was attempting to view a youtube video in an app description in the Play store late last night when the phone froze. Rebooted, or attempted to, and have been rebooting ever since. What the heck happened? More importantly, how do I fix it?

More info/details:

I can get into "Safe Mode" and the phone does work, albeit without the 100 or so apps that I of course feel I have to have.

I can get into CWM recovery. Tried wipe cache and dalvik cache and fix permissions. No help.

The phone will often boot, and get stuck at the stock lock screen (I use Widget Locker, but it never gets that far.) I attempt to 'swipe screen to unlock', which it senses (the lock and the circle show up), but it freezes there. Reboot, here we go again.

Have read some of the recent problems with the update - could this be it? Back to my important question - what to do?

Any guideance from the Elders is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PuccaXaii

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem I think.

Samsung Galaxy SII
Cyanogenmod
Was having some problems with Google Play, giving me messages that no connection could be established even though my WIFI was working fine with other apps.
I thought maybe I needed to update Cyanogenmod, so updated to "SNAPSHOT" version I think.
After the update, I kept receiving error messages like "com.android.acore"/"com.android.phone"/ "com.android.something else... has stopped"
Checked online for solution, went into CWM reboot and cleared cache data.
Didn't do much, rebooted maybe once more, and since then my phone just keeps rebooting up until the lock screen, remains there for a second or 2, then reboots again...

Please tell me there is a way to fix this without having to wipe all my data!! I just went on a roadtrip with friends and have so many pictures stored on my phone that I would like to keep. Normally I had google back them up, but since I was having some issues with google already, I never got the last images backed up :( :(