Power off cycling battery icon

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue as shown in this video. I've cleaned the port with electrical contact cleaner & compressed air, which did get out some pocket lint, however this issue continues. Is there a fix for this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue as shown in this video. I've cleaned the port with electrical contact cleaner & compressed air, which did get out some pocket lint, however this issue continues. Is there a fix for this?

Galaxy S2 power off cycling battery icon - YouTube

My guess is you have a physical connection problem in the phone itself. As for a fix, that would require tearing it apart, and replacing.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Has the phone been exposed to water? It does seem to be an internal hardware issue or a bad battery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
After trying multiple batteries, including my wife's S2 OEM battery (which is working fine in her phone), I gave up and upgraded to a S4 :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After trying multiple batteries, including my wife's S2 OEM battery (which is working fine in her phone), I gave up and upgraded to a S4 :)

Well I guess that works too...lol.
How are you liking it?

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I like it so far. Battery life is WAY better than the S2, the screen is nicer (which is saying a lot IMO), it has more bells & whistles, some of which are useful like SplitScreen, and others like the eye tracking, I find annoying.