wifi keeps turning on tho sprint connection manager off...

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I feel you on that going through the same thing.

Sent from my white Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you on that I had that checked as well, so unchecked and hope that helps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dvs1j#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings > (Wireless and network) More settings > Mobile Nettwork > Automatic connections > Uncheck the top option.

Thank you sir. I was getting pretty pissed and getting ready to return device back to store. I love my pebble blue and did not want to do this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

brianyru

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
go to settings>more settings>mobile networks>sprint connections optimizer>remove the check mark
at least that is sprint's solution. we will see if it stays off

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Same with mine. Mine never stays off! :(

It is the default setting it reverts back every time you go there. Turn it off and stay out of there.

If you are rooted and have titanium backup turn it off, then go into titanium and freeze Sprint optimizer. Then go back and look at it. It will be grayed out... :D

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I know, I read that in some other post. But when I do leave it alone and I know for sure I unchecked it, why is it still showing as a "running" app? That's how I know it really doesn't turn off.

Patrick Larson

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! This worked on my Galaxy S3. It was annoying because sometimes the wifi wasn't available, but the phone kept thinking it was, so wouldn't refresh my feeds. Perhaps this is why my weather updates are so slow to update. I want wifi when I want it, not when the phone thinks I do!

Patrick

TheRealBW

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The second solution works. :) The WiFi connection was turning itself on every time I plugged in the charger. A royal pain in the **** and a bad solution for saving mobile data usage. :mad:

Ex nihil

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Looked interesting, but there is no such option at that location. No auto-connect or not. S3 is up to date. WiFi keeps trying to turn on when S3 is being used as a WAP, this disrupts the WAP. It is kinda important to me because G3 WAP is the only way I can get email to my laptop in this country (I am in Solomon Islands)

Sept Ngo

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings > (Wireless and network) More settings > Mobile Nettwork > Automatic connections > Uncheck the top option.

If you want to keep your wifi hotspot and disable connections optimizer only, do the following
Go to Settings > (Wireless and network) More settings > Mobile Nettwork > Connections optimizer-> uncheck Sprint Connections Optimizer box

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana