How do you remove Picasa albums from phone

Lisajc22

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I am having the exact same problem and it is driving me mad. I have just got an S3 and all of the rubbish from my Galaxy S has found its way onto my new device after I bluetoothed a couple of pictures that I did want.

I have tried your suggestion, but when I go into Settings I cannot find Accounts and Sync - please can you explain a bit further to someone who is technically useless?!

Many thanks,

Lisa.

jmahugger3

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have tried over & over again to delete a album that seems to be in Picasa. I tried unsync and everything and it's still there.

I am not very tech savy, can someone help me remove this folder.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello.
I have tried your suggestion, but when I go into Settings I cannot find Accounts and Sync - please can you explain a bit further to someone who is technically useless?!
Lisa.

With the latest version of Google, go to Settings, and then scroll down. You'll eventually get to a section header labeled "Accounts." In that grouping, tap "Google." Tap your email address. Uncheck "Sync Google Photos."

I have tried over & over again to delete a album that seems to be in Picasa. I tried unsync and everything and it's still there.
I am not very tech savy, can someone help me remove this folder.

There is no "unsync." Following the instructions above tells Google not to sync your pictures in the future. To eliminate the pictures that are already there, you need to follow the rest of the directions in post #33:

Make sure the synching for the Picasa albums is still off, then go into Settings > Application manager. Select the All tab, find Gallery and hit the Clear data button. Next time you open the Gallery, it will take a moment to rebuild it but the Picasa albums should finally be gone.

jmahugger3

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I did follow the directions in the original post by griege That worked. Now how do i get them off picasa site on the web??
Thanks for all your help.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Picasa now seems to be "Google +". When I hover my mouse over an image there, a trashcan icon appears at the bottom right of the image, and clicking on it deletes the image. Or you can click the check mark on multiple images, or click "check all" in each group, and then delete all the checked images.

stevenb691

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I did follow the directions in the original post by griege That worked. Now how do i get them off picasa site on the web??
Thanks for all your help.

You need to get online on a computer only not your phone and go to picasa web site and follow directions I had to do the same thing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

kenatug

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to thank Greige for this solution. I just got the Galaxy S3 recently and I love the phone but it was really annoying to have all my Picasa photos showing up. His fix worked perfectly, and I didn't have to back up my camera albums. It didn't touch those. Thanks.

Steve Nash1

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Finally figured this out after hours of messing around. Basically the size of the file it shows in the album is not true. The files shown and the size of the file are not on your phone, they are showing the size of the files held in Picasa. If you want proof them hold down the home key for 2 seconds and look at the storage on your phone. You will them notice that the storage used on yourphone does not include the files that you see in your gallery. ..... In other words your gallery is simply showing you the size of the file held in Picasa. .. Not on your phone.
This is very confusing and I have no idea why Samsung have set it up like this but you don't need to worry.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Make sure the synching for the Picasa albums is still off, then go into Settings > Application manager. Select the All tab, find Gallery and hit the Clear data button. Next time you open the Gallery, it will take a moment to rebuild it but the Picasa albums should finally be gone.

What if I don't have account and sync? Is there any other way to fix this?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you don't have an account that's been synced, you wouldn't have Picasa albums on your phone. So if you have Picasa albums on your phone, you have an account, and can turn sync for that account on and off.

Go to settings. Notice that the settings options are broken up by gray headers (Wireless and network, Device, etc.). Swipe down until you find the gray bar that says "Accounts." Under that header should be a row that says "Google." Tab there. At the top of that page you should see your Google account (e.g., accountname@gmail.com). Tap there.

Scroll down until you see "Sync Picasa Web Albums." Uncheck the box.

Note: the above is for Jelly Bean. If you're still on ICS, it might be slightly different, but should be basically the same.

NickieDunker

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Follow Iother directions about turning off synching. Then go to settings, application manager, all apps, gallery, then clear the Cashe, not the data. that should remove Picasso pictures and not others pix on your card or phone.

Peter Reid

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Go I to settings go to the very bottom and click on google app and click remove and then the folder won't be in your gallery

Hope this helped

mananalee

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried clearing data from my gallery, it deleted all but one of my fb albums and none of the picasa photos... thing i dont understand is i dont have picasa???...please help!!!

toocoolfor49

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
You go into your Gmail account on your desktop, disable the google+1 .check the remove entire google profile, in the instructions it says picasa web albums. Click on it, remove all pictures, delete the google+ profile, then sign out of gmail...Go to your phone, press settings, thern application manager, select all, find gallery, open it and press clear data....go back and the picasa albums will be deletyed....I just did it about 5 minutes ago...I have a Galaxy Note 2, it was easy....I also have a Galaxy note 2 that is 30 days old for sale. best damn phone ever....248-821-0701:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo